First silver of the year long weighted

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Wife went with her friends to play, so I went out to play. :laughing9:
While driving around to find new place to detect I met up with road commisioner. Talked to him about some place he owns. He said I could detect them, so I head over there to them. The old school house and field where old house use to be are behind locked gate. So beings it was suppose to rain I choose to hunt the old house by the road and save those for sunny day. These places are used by hunters when in season. So lots an lots of pull tabs/poptops. So pretty much just hunted the good coin signals right now. I huntted around two cycamore trees and found some newer coins. Then just kind of scattered around the back and one side. I hunted the front yard, a few more new stuff. Then went to the side yard just in front of the cycamore trees and bam. Found a 1937 Mercury dime. Search around the area but nothing else. Did find some other things. Listed below.

Showing you the money. $.86 clad and Mercury dime.
3-9-10.jpg

1937 Mercury dime
merc.jpg

Blue bead, 4# weight, screw cap, metal O ring, and metal valve stem.
bead.jpg
Thanks for looking.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice dime KW!!!! You need to be excited about that site after digging the silver there. I've lost a ton of those sinkers in the raceway below a local dam on the Cumberland River fishing for Rockfish. HH, Quindy.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver merc :icon_thumleft: iam still waiting for my first merc this year , a very nice elderly woman who shops at my market gave me permission to hunt her yard today iam off :hello2: her house goes back to the 1800,s for out here thats young :laughing9: i just went past there on my way to 7-11 and i saw the biggest trees ive seen in a long time they have to be at least 8 foot in diameter or more :o and big property she told me as far as shes lived there which is forever and her parents before her no one has MD,ed that place woohoo :headbang: iam sure ill be invited in her house for tea and cookies :laughing7: I see a post coming tonight . Good hunting Jim

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice find!
You sure have some great sounding spots to hunt. You'll be busy for quite a long time.
Have fun!
Mike

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
BandB1 said:
Nice hunting, Congrats! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.
Thank you BandB1. Good luck to you too.
KW

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
VOL1266-X said:
Nice dime KW!!!! You need to be excited about that site after digging the silver there. I've lost a ton of those sinkers in the raceway below a local dam on the Cumberland River fishing for Rockfish. HH, Quindy.
Thank you Q. I am excited, would be lot more if I could found a silver quarter, half or dollar to go with it. I'm just hoping I can go back to these down the road when I get a new detector that lets me know how deep. I get these signals that beep one way but on return swing with either not make a sound or gives me a scrap sound in DISC. and no sound in All Metal. A few of these that I checked thinking they were deep turn out to be the small Cal shells. Anyway I'm saving that place for later on. After the fields are planted and I can't hunt them.
HH
KW

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Deepdiger60 said:
Nice silver merc :icon_thumleft: iam still waiting for my first merc this year , a very nice elderly woman who shops at my market gave me permission to hunt her yard today iam off :hello2: her house goes back to the 1800,s for out here thats young :laughing9: i just went past there on my way to 7-11 and i saw the biggest trees ive seen in a long time they have to be at least 8 foot in diameter or more :o and big property she told me as far as shes lived there which is forever and her parents before her no one has MD,ed that place woohoo :headbang: iam sure ill be invited in her house for tea and cookies :laughing7: I see a post coming tonight . Good hunting Jim
Thank you Deepdiger60. Hopefully this place will prduce you some good silver. Lots of luck. I"ll be looking for you post.
KW

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
mikewaz said:
Nice find!
You sure have some great sounding spots to hunt. You'll be busy for quite a long time.
Have fun!
Mike
Thank you Mikewaz. I hope to be. I checked old plat map and found where a couple of houses use to be about a quarter of a mile from the school site. Have to see if I can find those if I can get through the cows, they roam that area. I might need to get Riverpilot to help me with these places.
KW

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Dman said:
Congrats on your first silver of the year.
Dman
Thank you big D. Lets just hope it's not my last. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread