What's new

First Silver Proof and Hes a Beaut

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
First Silver Proof and He's a Beaut

After 4 cruddy boxes I got a good one. I saw a tail side of a proof staring at me. It turned out to be a 1997 s 90% proof. Not PF 65 but real nice. No marks from the rolling machine but some very light scratches. It was 2 coins away from a 1964. Second roll had 2 - 40's. I am going to finish this box now. Wish me luck. Here is 2 pics of it.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_03.webp
    ScreenHunter_03.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 377
  • ScreenHunter_04.webp
    ScreenHunter_04.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0
Re: First Silver Proof and He's a Beaut

Very nice :thumbsup:
 
Re: First Silver Proof and He's a Beaut

What do you suppose it's worth?

Mojo
 
Re: First Silver Proof and He's a Beaut

Very nice S_F. HH Mark
 
Re: First Silver Proof and He's a Beaut

Nicely done there S_F ! Those "moderns silvers" are a thing of beauty.

Kudos.
 
Re: First Silver Proof and He's a Beaut

Sweet find! 8)

Red
 
Re: First Silver Proof and He's a Beaut

Congrats!!
 
Re: First Silver Proof and He's a Beaut

XX said:
coinmojo said:
What do you suppose it's worth?

Mojo

$5.50
Better look at the low to mid range on Ebay. I think a little more than that.
 
Re: First Silver Proof and He's a Beaut

Silver_Fox said:
XX said:
coinmojo said:
What do you suppose it's worth?

Mojo

$5.50
Better look at the low to mid range on Ebay. I think a little more than that.

Show me one completed auction for a 1997S 90%Ag Proof in less than PR60 condition. I haven't seen any go for more than melt.

It's a cool find, and believe me I get excited when I find them too, but the reality is that they are only worth melt. The wear becomes even more obvious due to the frosting.
 
Re: First Silver Proof and He's a Beaut

XX said:
Silver_Fox said:
XX said:
coinmojo said:
What do you suppose it's worth?

Mojo

$5.50
Better look at the low to mid range on Ebay. I think a little more than that.

Show me one completed auction for a 1997S 90%Ag Proof in less than PR60 condition. I haven't seen any go for more than melt.

It's a cool find, and believe me I get excited when I find them too, but the reality is that they are only worth melt. The wear becomes even more obvious due to the frosting.
Your right, it does look cool in my book. After further investigation and looking at condition I think it is worth.......................90% melt price +10%
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom