What's new

First Silver with the CTX

Waynos

Sr. Member
Joined
May 28, 2015
Messages
266
Reaction score
721
Golden Thread
1
Location
Keene New Hampshire
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Propointer
Lesche Sampson T shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my first silver with the CTX 3030 yesterday.
Turned out to be my first standing liberty quarter.
I can barely see the 1929 with a magnifying glass but it's still silver!!!!

Found it in my mom's rhubarb patch that I had pounded with a Fisher F2 and an AT Pro (which is no slouch).
Can't wait till my Andy Sabicsh CTX book comes in
HH everyone
 

Attachments

  • 2015112918573600.webp
    2015112918573600.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 2015112918574600.webp
    2015112918574600.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 32
It's funny how those silver coins jump out for the CTX. Great machines. Nice SLQ

Steve
 
Nice going on the silver, makes one wonder what the other machine was doing then again in most cases it's a zig when a zag would of nailed it. You'll even be more successful once you get used to the 3030 and it's capabilities.
 
Thanks guys.
For some reason silver finds are the most exciting for me lol
 
slq not a common find around here...congrats.glad the new machine is kicking into gear !!!go get em
 
Congrats on the nice save, The SLQ still eludes my coil.
 
I'm wondering if you actually have a 1919 there. The date should be much stronger, even if worn to that degree, if it were a 1929.
 
Love finding goodies where I've been before... Congrats!
 
Excellent save,, SLQ'S are hard to come by, , one with a date,, really hard.
Congrats
 
nice silver well done :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on your new CTX and your new found SLQ!
 
Nick A might have a point on the date. In 1929 the dates were recessed, but not in 1919. Once you get to know it, you're going to love the CTX. I've found more in the last few years detecting with the CTX then the previous 30 combined including a host of bucket list items like 1 reale, 2 reales, seated half dime, dime and seated half dollar, 1795 half cent, CT, VT and NJ coppers and a host of other nice finds. Nice going on the SLQ. I'm sure it's the first of a lot more great finds.
 
Congratz! I'm still waiting on my SLQ!
 
one of my favorite coins.. nice digs
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom