First Successful Gold Panning Expidition.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to My Kitchen Floor ;D

!Gold.jpg

I didn't take all out, because of size & Inexpierence,
but Probably Recovered a Nickels Worth :P

Saturday I bought a Baggie of Concentrates for $10.00
so I could at least get some Practice Panning to find out how it's done
Succesfully.
I believe they were Virginia Concentrates, as this is where the Stand selling them
were from.

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gnewt said:
Jeff, Later on after you get the gold fever bad, you will have problems staying at home.
Like me, I was panning every thing, every where, all the time. I got myself a spiral wheel, DESERT FOX and had me myself a gold mine at home, so when I wasn't off on the creek I would bring home a few buckets and keep on going. I even had a sluice set up out by my shop on a swing frame. Used a garden hose for my water.
Now you may not get this and none of the people on here do so you may be lucky.
If you got it already, its terminal and there is no cure. Gnewt
Gnewt,what do you mean by "none of the people on here do"???I think you are mistaken,if you are referring to the FEVER,my friend ;)

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
OH I didn't know Ya'll had it, mercy on youins, I guess we're all goners. Just a lot of hope and no cure. Gnewt

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff I had to take time to tell you about my trip to carlise to the gold show I waited all year couldn't wait until it got here had gold fever I flew to utah oct 19th to visit a friend I haven't seen in 16 yrs plus went on a mule deer hunt with him I flew home oct 26th a day early just so I could go to the show flights delayed a couple hrs due to bad weather left salt lake city 6 am got into bwi 9 pm pouring down rain had a duffle bag threw it over my shoulder to get to my car in the parking lot must have pulled something in my neck didn't show till next day got home after mid nite tense drive home rained so hard couldn't hardly see to drive got up saturday got ready to go to carlise moved the wrong way got terrible pain and kink in my neck couldn't turn my head to right so much pain stayed 1 hr left didn't get to see much bought a little test nugget to set up my detector with and went home so much pain I had to hold my hand on my neck the whole way home 1 half hour drive home seemed like 5 hrs went to bed all weekend with pain pills and heat pads was really up set waited a whole year and thats my story about the gold show joined gpaa have a sluice box still got gold fever can't wait till the weather gets nice Bob

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a Nightmare Bob

I hate when everything seems to be against me.

Hopefully in 2009 they have another at the Right time.

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
warsawdaddy said:
Hey Jeff,when you are ready to take the fine gold out with your snuffer bottle,first run a magnet over the gold and the pan.The magnet will pick up all the black sand,leaving your gold cleaner.
Very nice, I can't wait for all the snow to melt - so I can go and start panning in my creek - I'm in snoqualmie, Wa. area
Hey, warsawdaddy how did you get the name ??

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can also pan it down then hold your pan at an angle then hit the top side of you pan repeatedly and make the gold walk up to the top with no black sand (the old blueberry bounce) works great i can clean up gold very fast this way ,and in my area there is a lot of fine gold more dust than anything. :D

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
You can also practice with just ordinary BB's. They are quit a bit lighter then lead and when you can save them in the pan you should be capable of catching all the gold. As for clean up the Snuffer (sniffer) bottle is a must and a good trick for keeping most of the black sand from getting in your vial is to hold a magnet on the bottom of the snuffer bottle when you transfer it. This works for most of the black sand but some of it might not be magnetic, those take a little more practice swirling in the pan.

RuffandTuff

Nov 24, 2005
Jeff, if you want "100% Virginia Gold Concentrates" try (www.jackgoldprospectingsupplies.com) Jack's bags are $12.00. The person that sold the gold bags at the show usually only puts some Virginia gold in the bag. Also, when is Marc coming back to the good old U.S.A. and pursue that "big" treasure? Thanks, RuffandTuff

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Looks like you are getting it figured out just fine Jeff! Hard to walk away from it once you have tried panning, huh! Yep...it is a fever that never goes away!! I got it as bad as Gnewt...had the whole spiral wheel and sluice thing set up at home too....now wait til you try dredging....it is a lost cause after that! lol Congrats on your first panning expererience! Welcome to the world of Gold Fever! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions