What's new

first time CRH, $40 face yields 17 40%-ers

Zym

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend ( 6", 11", and 13x13.5" coils)
Ancient Garret Groundhog AM-2
I went to the bank to make a deposit, and after reading this forum on occasion (usually read the MD areas), I decided to ask if they had any halves. The teller told me she had $90 worth, and I took $40. Out of the 4 rolls, I came out with 17 40% Kennedys. I think I'll go back tomorrow and buy the other $50 worth. My wife, who looked at me like I was crazy when I talked about buying a $500 box, is now completely on board :) I realize I most likely won't get these returns consistently, but it sure is a good way to get hooked.

EDITED to add:

The coins were:
1965 x 1
1966 x 2
1967 x 7
1968 D x 7
 
Upvote 0
Yep your hooked. The beautiful thing about this hobby is as long as you find a good dump bank you can search that same $500 indefinately just replacing the silver ones. Even a skunk box is still worth $500 when all said and done- your out some time you would have wasted watching tv or something and some gas running around. How many hobbies can you keep getting your investment right back out for another go around? Congrats on the silver. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom