What's new

first time detecting

booism

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 2, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Hello to everyone, just picked up a Garrett ace 250 and went to the beach for the first time with it, found about a dollar worth of clad coins and a tiny silver piece, looks like it was on a necklace or bracelet of some sort, must say its an awesome feeling when you get a signal and you start digging it up to see what you got! Great forums, found them about two weeks ago and inspired me to give it a go!
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20131113_134820.webp
    ForumRunner_20131113_134820.webp
    40 KB · Views: 187
  • ForumRunner_20131113_134836.webp
    ForumRunner_20131113_134836.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0
Great job there !!! It's sooo easy to get hooked on this , as well I owned the ace 250 for about a year and had a lot of fun with it

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Great finds for your first hunt. I think the first time I hunted the beach I found a metal spoon and a few pennies. Congrats! :hello2:
 
Seems like u had a great time, its a fun hobby, most of the time atleast.
first time out i went to a beach that not many swim at and found 2 bottlecaps and some foil in like 2 hours :D (was not happy at all)
 
Welcome, and good finds from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:
 
Nice finds for your first hunt. When I first started it seemed like I only found trash, but you started out with some nice finds.
 
Thanks guys! I definitely found my share of bottle caps and cans as well, overall I was extremely happy after three hours of scanning. I only covered a small part of the spot I went to so I'm gonna hit it up on Friday again and try my luck. The hardest part was pinpointing where to dig , but I think I got a pretty good hang of it after today, definitely got easier to dig up my finds later as opposed to when I got there.....
 
Nice goin', Booism!:hello2:

That's a nice piece of silver that you found; congrats on that one!

This is such a fun hobby..that's for sure!

Lorraine
 
May there be many more if your future. :thumbsup:
 
Welcome and not too shabby for the first day. Show us what you find tomorrow
 
Wow you found a shrunken pirate head .... I can tell buy his 2 gold ear rings
 
Welcome aboard! You won't be sorry you started this hobby. You'll be sorry you didn't early'er! :thumbsup:
 
Can you get a closer pic of that silver? Perhaps with a dime in the picture for size reference. It almost looks like a really worn Spanish Half Reale, but without a closer pic and some size reference, its too hard to tell.
 
Can you get a closer pic of that silver? Perhaps with a dime in the picture for size reference. It almost looks like a really worn Spanish Half Reale, but without a closer pic and some size reference, its too hard to tell.

It's a lot smaller than a dime but I doubt it's a reale its got the 925 stamp on the reverse side. Im pretty sure that's“sterling silver " purity, would be awesome if it was old Spanish coinage!
 
Yeah, the .925 gives it away. Still, always nice to find silver!
 
Welcome to the forum and you had a great first day!
My first day I found a tiny rusted safety pin, bottle cap,
Can and .26 cents lol!
I was hooked forever!
 
Its addictive, looks like we have another digger hooked.
 
Congratulations : ) yeah, I love that feeling too. I am a beginner as well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom