First time find!

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
I've found marbles in holes with wheaties before, but never one of these! There was a 1925 wheatie in there with it. A few minutes later I got an 1897 IHP, my first for this year in a new (to me) hunted out old house yard. I also got permission to hunt a large cornfield that had a community of about 100 homes on it in the late 1850s - 60s. I'm excited about that one! It was part of the underground railroad relocation sites here in Michigan and only 3 miles from my house.
20240223_221758.jpg

Upvote 11
A snail shell?

It's a lot bigger than that. It is a seashell 3" long. Some kid must have had it in his pocket with the penny and lost them. The same way they lost marbles in the hole with coins.

Neat find, I have found marbles in the same hole as Indian Head pennies, but never a Sea Shell. That is really cool. Good luck in your field.

That's an unexpected find. The site with 100 or so home sounds amazing. Can't wait to see what you pick up there!.

You might need a crew to do a 100 home site justice! It would be daunting for one person, but also could provide that person years of detecting alone.

I've found marbles in holes with wheaties before, but never one of these! There was a 1925 wheatie in there with it. A few minutes later I got an 1897 IHP, my first for this year in a new (to me) hunted out old house yard. I also got permission to hunt a large cornfield that had a community of about 100 homes on it in the late 1850s - 60s. I'm excited about that one! It was part of the underground railroad relocation sites here in Michigan and only 3 miles from my house.
View attachment 2133141
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back