First Time in Park with my NEW Ace 250

bobm31

Dec 18, 2005
Rowlett, TX (Dallas)
Today was the first time I searched outside of my backyard. I went to a local park and searched in the damp sand (easy to dig) around the swings and monkey bars. I searched in the COINS Mode with SENSITIVITY at 5 BARS.

I found the following:

Two quarters dated 2001 at about 5" had been in ground for a long time IDed as 25c at 6" deep.

Three pennies dated 1970, 1984, & 2001 at about 4" the 1984 & 2001 pennies IDed as 1c...the 1970 penny IDed as 10c.

One nickel dated 1962 (looked new) on surface.

One pull-tab...IDed as nickel

One piece of foil....IDed as nickel

All in all it was a very good outing. Was able to locate most coins without pin-pointing. The pinpoint feature did work well, though.

I am very happy with my Garrett Ace 250!!

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Bobm,

glad to hear that your satisfied with the 250; the finds will just get better.

have a good un..........

muddyknees

May 5, 2005
Holden Beach,North Carolina
Hi Bobm,
good finds with your ace you are hitting my favorite places to hunt the sand filled play areas ,finds this summer in these places are 5 rings gold with diamonds.,lots of clad, 3 braclets 2 silver religous metals and bullets what they are doing in play grounds scares me.good luck with your ace I too use one. muddyknees

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Bob!

And great details too!

Congrats on your finds!!!

;)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Bob ! Looks like you're off to a good start with the Ace-250. It will get better and better as you learn your machine. Good Luck ! :)

Huntin' 59er

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Good finds Bob! The more you use that Ace 250, the better you'll get to know it.

The 1970 penny rang up as high as a dime probably because of the higher copper contect than the newer zinc pennies whihc are only copper coated. I have alos found that if you mark a nickel target, sweep over the area from different angles. A lot of times, you'll get a jump to pulltab from a different angle. You can decide to dig at this point or not, but I feel confident when I get a jump on the target ID down in this range, it will more than likely be a pulltab. If it's a nickel in the ground, it will be mark nickel from every angle on every sweep and not waver at all off of it. Just my experience. But it's up to you what you dig or don't dig.

Also, keep your sweep speed slow and you'll be able to tell if what you are marking has two sides to it... ie a ring or a pulltab. If you mark one of those targets that jumps from nickel to pulltab, sweep over it slowly and you might just pick up that double beep as the coil passes over each side of the target. You can pretty much rest assured that you have a pulltab. Now if you mark one of those double beeps and it stays on a steady target ID like nickel... you should probably dig it up!

One last thing... I have dig some foil at a place that I've been hunting for a while. Watch your depth meter... the target ID might stay steady, but the depth meter "may" jump around a bit on you. If you see this happen, chances are your target is junk, like foil!

Keep swinging that detector! It's a good one! I've gotten pretty used to mine and feel like I know it like the back of my hand!

Congrats on the finds!

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Bob, nice outing. Glad to hear you like the ACE 250. I have it on good authority there is one waiting under the Christmas Tree for me.

This forum is a great place for advice. Just look at the post from beetle662.

R

rusty nails

wtg on your first hunt. i am a big advocate of the little yella feller.
it only gets better. the 250 is simply a stroke of mechanical & marketing genius.
Merry Christmas LBP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions