First time out in the far north and got an old oddball

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Been a long long winter here in the far northern part of Wisconsin. I finally could'nt take it any longer and decided to stroll across the road into my old park that was so good to me last year. This park has a ton of history and was never hunted well as it produced over 400 silvers and 229 indianheads for me last year. I knew the ground was going to be frozen still in most areas so I tried to keep to southern exposed hillsides to at least give me a chance to dig. After about 30 minutes of not much for tones I got a nice hit that I was pretty sure was an indian and sure enough from about 6 inches came a nice 1890 greenie. With the winter wolf off my back I made a quick tour of the area digging the little coke bottle, not sure if it was off a keychain or necklace but it still has what looks like gold gilting on some of it. Making my last pass across the hillside I got a broken signal that kinda was trying to flute the silver tone at me???? I figuired I had'nt had alot of signals and it was coming in on the smart find screen where I like to see it that I would give it a whirl. At about 7 inches out come this tiny flash of silver! Man I am thinking 3 center all the way :headbang: the coin was covered in gooey mud so not wanting to scratch it with the old finger rub I hotfooted to the house so I could get some water on it. After a good soak I got out the soft toothbrush and what a surprise... it turns out its a 1912 10 ore coin from norway, at least thats what I could find out about it on the net. I know the pics are terrible I guess the winter has me rusty at both detecting and pic taking. Still was great to be out and hope you all are having fun too!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• norway 1.jpg
    norway 1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 573
  • ore2.jpg
    ore2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 570
  • ore 1.jpg
    ore 1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 566
Upvote 0

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Over 400 silver coins and 229 Indian cents in one year is to much for one person to find.
You need help at that site. Were is the nearest camp grounds ? Good for you.

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
I know lots of places to camp up there!

Would love to go back, have made several kayak trips to the Apostles. In fact I made my best find ever on Stockton Island, (asked my wife to marry me).

Semper Fi

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Congrats on Getting out and coming up with a Greenie!
Glad to hear you are cleaning all the oldies out of Wisconsin.

I'm pretty sure the rust from the winter won't last long.

Best of Luck,
Mark

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat soda thing!! MR TUFF

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Jack! You sure had an awesome year in 2009!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread