First time out

dkw

Jul 8, 2006
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Deleon, Ace 250
Hi all, I've been lurking around here for a while. I just picked up my first metal detector. I got a Pioneer 505 on closeout at Wal-Mart. I figured it would be a decent machine to start out on.
Anyway, We (my 11yo and 5yo daughters are thrilled by the thought of finding something) decided to try it out in our yard yesterday. We spent about two hours detecting and didn't even make it to the back yard yet. No major finds, but enough to keep us happy.

1 clad quarter
1 clad dime
4 zinc pennies
5 copper pennies
2 rings (nothing valuable)
1 Palmolive token
Trash, Trash and more trash.

Hopefully, we'll have more finds to post. The farm we live on has several potentially good spots.
2 abandoned decrepit houses
2 house foundations
1 schoolhouse foundation
1 church foundation (I assume it's a church since there's a small cemetary next to it. Newest headstones date in the 1870's)

Here's a pic of the token

Attachments

• palmolive.jpg
    palmolive.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 223
  • palmolive (1).jpg
    palmolive (1).jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0
DKW,

Sounds like you guys have a great spot to detect...you lucky ducks! I wish my property had old houses and foundations on it. You have started down a path that will bring much enjoyment and some frustration at times but great finds will come. You already had a great find I think with that token. I'm sure we will be seeing more exciting finds from you and your daughters.

Happy Hunting

Funkman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back