What's new

first time

azlegends

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2011
Messages
500
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Im a regular over in the crh section, but have been interested in glass and bottles for a while now. Anyway, I wandered on over hoping some of you kind folks might recommend some books to help get started.
 
The Illustrated Guide to Collecting Bottles, Cecil Munsey (out of print, but available used).

Don't bother with the various price guides; they will not inform you. Even the prices listed are not reliable.
 
azlegends ~

Welcome to the other side of the fence. Are there any particular types of bottles you are most interested in? Or just all old bottles in general?

SBB
 
Just old bottles in general. I don't really feel like I know enough to have a preference yet. The main thing that has deterred me from jumping in, is that I don't really know much if anything about the types of bottles/glass. So I can't really determine what's what.
 
The Cecil Munsey book that Harry suggested is a good place to start. Here's a link to Amazon.com where they can be ordered (used) starting at $5.00 + $3.99 S&H = $8.99

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000VSUOBG/?tag=treasurenet01-20

Or you can check your local bookstore and see what they have. Most will be price guides with pictures, but possibly still of general interest.

SBB
 
Thanks guys, I will be ordering this book, as soon as I dump my next batch of coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom