What's new

First timer gave CRH a try/questions enclosed

padlock

Full Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
142
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ann Arbor MI
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
well today while the wife was at school I had some errands to run and had to go by my Credit union to get some paper work done. after it was done I stepped over to the tellers windows and asked do you have and loose half's the girl said no but the guy said I have 2. i'll take them I said. Then I asked does anyone have and strange looking coins. 2 said no and one girl said do you like Nickels. I say im looking for anything in the years of 1942-1945 she then said no sorry these are older
I'll take them low and behold 4 buffalo nickels. I ended up going by about 15 different banks and heres what I got

One 90% 64
One 40% 68

4 buffalo nickels
2 x 36
1 x 37
1 x 28

So here is a Question for the pros I have $160 in halfs now and am thinking about opening a saving account at TCF they offer free coin counting machine to its members. should I open one tomorrow and dump these.

Thanks for looking and here are some photos because I know you all love photos

Chris

104_2344.jpg

104_2345.jpg

104_2346.jpg

104_2347.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Make sure you buy out the bank (or even better, have someone else buy them out) of their halves before you go dumping there, you wouldn't want to miss silver scores or risk making the tellers mad by not doing that. Also, its best not to say what you are collecting because eventually the tellers will start realizing that they are valuable and start keeping them for themselves. However, if they are a teller that has known you for quite a while, they might just save out all the silver for you, but unless you fully trust the teller, I wouldn't tell them you are searching for silver.
 
Generic_Lad .... the bank im thinking about opening the account at they said they rarely get half's in so Im thinking it worth a shot to dump there
 
What's up Padlock! Nice finds, good luck there in A2, you have a monster crh'er near you. His name is Coinmojo, surprised that there's any silver left in that area lol! ffd
 
fistfulladirt said:
What's up Padlock! Nice finds, good luck there in A2, you have a monster crh'er near you. His name is Coinmojo, surprised that there's any silver left in that area lol! ffd

thanks for the info fistfull there is silver everywhere just gotta find it

you coming to rouge saturday
 
padlock said:
fistfulladirt said:
What's up Padlock! Nice finds, good luck there in A2, you have a monster crh'er near you. His name is Coinmojo, surprised that there's any silver left in that area lol! ffd

thanks for the info fistfull there is silver everywhere just gotta find it

you coming to rouge saturday
Wish I could, but i work Saturdays, crap. Have fun!
 
Nice score there!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom