AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went in to dump 200 dollars in nickels at TD today...

the machine was filthy... looked like milk or yogurt was dumped into the machine along with coins. Got my teller bud David over to help and he was pissed. Some kid had dumped all these wet coins in and all the bags had filthy gross clear gel like liquid on them. it stunk. So cassie and i got some water and paper towels with David and had the machine open for ten minutes cleaning it out. some coins hadn't registered due to the gunk on them so we got an extra 5 bucks in change with a few canadians off the magnet. all in all. got my money . two more boxes of nickels. And the bank appreciates our business haha thank you to that messy person for the 5 dollar bill.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems some people think the machines are a combination garbage disposal and coin counter. At least that one thing about us crhers - we may use the machines a lot and fill them up more frequently than other people do but at least the coins we dump don't have all the trash & debris that a lot of other peoples coins do - at least my coins don't. I usually even take out any damaged coins that I think might not be counted by the machine. :)

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverFace said:
It seems some people think the machines are a combination garbage disposal and coin counter. At least that one thing about us crhers - we may use the machines a lot and fill them up more frequently than other people do but at least the coins we dump don't have all the trash & debris that a lot of other peoples coins do - at least my coins don't. I usually even take out any damaged coins that I think might not be counted by the machine. :)

i agree 100%... i tend to take the damaged or well worn coins out and spend them at gas stations and such so i dont ruin the machine i use daily. AND I HOPE... that no one uses their machines as a garbage disposal.. although i see people may use them as one... plus.. if you love the hobby... addiction. you'll do whatever it takes to help the bank keep the machine up and running. I told david today i'd help him and the bank figure out how to make some sort of sign telling customers to only dump coins that won't leave the machine dirty or even ruined...

Happy hunting guys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread