First US large cent!!!

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My feet are still thawing out as I write this- just had to share the news! This morning I recovered my first US large cent and it’s an 1800 Draped Bust. I was certain I was about to pull a silver quarter out of the hole with the way the Equinox was screaming! 6” in decent soil. Not the greatest details but obviously identifiable with a discernable year! First large, and oldest US to date! Man I am proud! This hobby is so much fun!!!! Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting all!! BA8A1183-9598-4E12-8257-A14C2BD13B72.jpeg29F5B222-B3DE-4BF1-A5C8-94C6B0391B77.jpegAB4EFBF8-0B28-4376-BFC3-3DAAE3AA576D.jpeg

Upvote 53
Hi, nice find. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Good for you you deserve it Ilove this hobby and this site also. Put that baby in a nice case Well done. Tommy

Great, great find! I bet that was quite a thrill when you popped it out of the ground. Hope there are many more in your future.

Congratulations on a super find! :occasion14::headbang:

Great job!!! 🙌

Truth! You run an Equinox too- according to thismorning, if you sweep over one, you’ll know it! Banging solid 27 at 6”.

Sweet find, congratulations! :occasion14:

I love the old coppers! :icon_thumleft:

WOW that is a awesome LC. Congrats on the save of this very old coin.:thumbsup:

Awesome find! And it’s not just any old matron head Cent either. It’s a full on draped bust. Nice! I’ve found a couple foreign large cents from the 1800s but not one from the US yet. Well done!

Congrats on your first LC. Most of us start small, and find the Matron Head variety !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back