First Walker Half, Bussiness Card Coin?

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,
I went to a new site the other day and?found my first Walking Liberty Half Dollar, a 1942 in fairly good shape...
I did find 5 of them at an open hunt, but never in the field...
The site looks like it might produce some good finds, well it already has, but hopefully it's has more to offer...
Also found this penny like coin that says " J.W. Pierce Gandrappids Mich. " around the edge and in the center it has " Dry Goods & Groceries " on the other side it say Business Card & has a wreath about like an Indian Head. Haven't try a search on it yet...
Last but not lease, I found 4 more Wheaties... The Half was only at 4" down and the deepest Wheaties was only 5" or so...
Going to be hitting this site hard again tomorrow.
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• 072105.JPG
    072105.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 506
Upvote 0
Your token is a civil war store card. The ones with town names are better than the ones without. ?Don't try to clean it. I'll look it up in the catalog for you. ?It's listed as Michigan item #370H-1b and is a rarity 2 valued at $4 in VG and $15 in Unc in the Standard Catalog of United States Tokens 1700-1900 by Russell Rulau. exanimo, ss

Wow! This is some great news... Thanks Guys!!!
I new it was old, but not that old... Another civil war relick, I can't hardly beleave it... When I first started detecting I didn't think I'd find anything connected to the civil war, but so-far I have found this and a 3 ringer Bullet... Makes this new site lip smack'n good...
I love working a site where the posibilties are this good...
Going to hit this place hard tomarrow... ;D Will keep ya informed...

Wow !!

The Walker would be a great find for just about anyone, but a Civil War Token ? Like I already said, Wow !!

I have owned several of those tokens, but have never dug one up before. Perhaps soon enough. ::)

Great job !!

Re: First Walker Half, Bussiness Card Coin?/UPDATE:

Hello all,
Today didn't go too well. I got to the site and was all fired up for the hunt. Turn the machine on and it said, not today... :'(
It went back into the problem I had with it last week. I think the coil is getting moisture in it from even just the morning dew...
I guess I Will send her in to be repaired, and hopefully when Fisher gets it, it will still have the problem...
I guess I'll have to go through all my coins and do a count, to keep busy... I'll post the results soon.

Sorry to hear you're still having ground balancing problems with the CZ.
Hope they get it repaired and back to you real soon before you go crazy.
Happy counting!

I'd love to find a 1x2 dollor like that, not into tokens but I have found 3. 1. dennis' place for games chicago Il. 2. one side has family entertainment with a picture of a family, the other side has flag and game chip non redeemable. 3. chuck e cheese .25 1986

Too bad about your detector.... try to get a loaner, when ya take it n for repairs.
WTG on the token and half..... Great Finds.... I always like to find shallow silver.
Keep us posted .... sounds like a productive & promising site... HH BRINK

Nice finds there leon, I hope you get your detector back soon so you can show us some more.
Mchamby

Congrats on the great finds leon!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back