first Walking Liberty half dollar

Lilly0fA

Feb 13, 2015
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found my first half dollar!! I went detecting for 10 hours today. I didn't find much in the way of cool coins all day. Just $7 in clad, an old '30s film reel, lipstick case, two tax tokens.

I eventually found two wheaties in one location, and a '57 nickel. Then BOOM. Here's this surprise at the end of the day! I couldn't believe it! It's a 1943S.

I've been metal detecting for about 7 months now, as it's a relatively new hobby. This is my 9th silver coin: one war time nickel, 6 mercs, one '64 Canadian quarter.

What an awesome surprise this was!

11930776_10156033719560440_2917651296750992500_o.jpgIMG_3938.JPGIMG_3939.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 39
Cool find, you're doing great in you first seven months

Thanks J. Cache! I look forward to more months and years! I'm definitely sold on this hobby

Thanks J. Cache! I look forward to more months and years! I'm definitely sold on this hobby

It's amazing how quickly it becomes an addiction. Good luck to you!

Looks like you are well on your way with finds like those. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Can't go wrong with big silver, congrats.

Well that would certainly make up for a very long day!!! Congrats :occasion14:

Great half!

Awesome! I love Walkers! I can't wait to find my first! Good Job!!!

Congrats on your first walker . It has to be my favorite looking of all the us coins .

Congratulation on that first walker.Wow. a 10 hour hunt time is something I now can only dream of doing now.but some years ago when I first started detecting the hours would fly by and Iused to even hunt through my lunch hour at work.

Congrats on your first BIG silver. If they are around, that Deus will find them!

It's an awesome feeling to see a shiny coin that size come out of the hole. I bet your hands were shaking, I know that mine were when I found my first one! Good luck!

Awesome find! Congratulations.

Nice big fat silver coin ! Widely considered to be among the best designed of all American coins .

(Welcome to T-net ! and the treasure hunting adventure )

Last edited:
I've been detecting two years and only have two '70's halves, so great find! :thumbsup:. The bigger the coin the harder to find still in the ground, unless you have a nice virgin spot.

qaela4, thanks! I'd love to find the half dollars from the 70s! You can post pictures if you want! Yeah that's true but honestly, you never know what will be in the ground it's so random and it's never too late for a surprise! This was a site that I thought I had searched out already. But that wasn't the case I guess!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back