What's new

First water hunt help if you please

m.langlois

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2011
Messages
91
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So here's my story:

I bought a Garrett AT Pro this year and I have to say I love the machine. I am finding many cool things in previously hunted areas (like my own yard!!!) and I am looking to do some water hunting. I have many lakes, rivers and ponds in my area, but I am not sure what to expect.

Is there any advice out there for a rookie like me?
Thank you in advance!!!
 
Upvote 0
get a good scoop!!!
 
Good scoop and dig everything you never know what everything sounds like while its next to something else
 
Thank you for the quick replies... Good scoop is already purchased and ready to dig.
 
Get on Google Earth and zoom in on the lakes and look for the swimming areas that have the floating pipe that mark the boundary of them. You have to zoom in quite close to see some of them. You will find a lot more of them than you ever dreamed of. You can download Google Earth and you will be able to save your spots and label them. Left click on the exact spot you want to mark and then click on the push pin at the top and write what you want to call the spot. Good luck!
 
Great advice... thank you
 
An AT PRO in fresh water is like huntting on land but ahole lot watter, Get you a good scoop because it go's very deep.Don't use it in salt water, you loss 1/2 of your deapth.It's also very good on small gold in fresh water.
 
Depending on the lake it might be easier to hunt with a sifter. Some times you cant shake the junk out of the scoop and waste a lot of time. Do a little research .... go to the libary learn your area.

Dew
 
Last edited:
pulled $1.05 on Sunday from one lake... More water hunts this coming weekend!!! Thanks for the help!!!
 
Sweet.So far my best water day has been a whooping .59

I keep telling my wife a few more days like that and the hobby will start paying for itself.

Happy Hunting
 
sent you a PM with link to some water stories i wrote
some might help - good luck
 
THank you Casper, I'll have a look
 
sent you a PM with link to some water stories i wrote
some might help - good luck

Hi Casper,

If you don't mind, please send me the link as well, I would like to review your stories. I am trying to learn the best techniques.

Thanks,

Pete
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom