First week finds

RainDog

Jun 10, 2005
middle Ga
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Discovery 1100
First off i would like to thank everyone for the warm reception i have received in the chat room.? I bought my discovery 1100 by Bounty Hunter 2 weeks ago from Radio Shack.? I felt like i was justa big kid and put it down after a few days. Then I found This forum. Lot's of experience and advice to learn from.? a little about the pic. the 12 Ga brass the badge and the golf ball were found in the lot behind my neighbor that they are clearing for duplexes (time to move). the .30 cal brass the scissors? the bent nail and .26 cents were found in my neighbors yard. Every thing else including, a stick of 5/16 cold rolled, an aluminum arrow, tons of beer cans and pie plates, were found in my yard (2 acres).
Thank Ya'll
weekof6-13-01-3.jpg

*Edited to remove duplicate pic*

Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Welcome to the forum Raindog! Looks like you found a lot of stuff so far. The more you use your machine, and get to know it the better your finds will be. If you haven't done so already, try planting a coin garden in your yard to get used to the different tones and signals. It'll help a lot!

HH 8) surfrat

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your on your way raindog,the good stuff will be comig soon.

bogside

Greenie
May 6, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
Good on ye, Raindog! I'm a newbie too and it looks like you and I are finding a lot of the same stuff. Keep it up and we'll both be posting pics of those cool old finds!

Adam
Minneapolis

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Pull tabs! ;D Just kidding. Welcome and good work! JIM

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Welcome Raindog,glade you hung on there and found the forum.Nice digs. Look forward to more.HH :)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome RainDog ! Hang in there and keep on digging. We all dig our share of trash, too. But it's worth it in the long run when those good finds come popping out of the ground from time to time. H H !

Huntin' 59er

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wide range of targets there!

Welcome to the forum,

HH and keep us up-dated

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
RainDog

RainDog

Jun 10, 2005
middle Ga
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Discovery 1100
Thanks for the great replies ya'll ;D I found more beer cans and pull tabs tonight. Hopefully i'll find better stuff soon.
thanks again ;)

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
The badge is the best!! I relly like that.

I have only been detecting about 3 months. I am still messing with the adjustments on my machine trying to find the "best" settings.

I am finally realizing that ther is no "best setting" I like to hunt an area more than once using different settings each time and i find new stuff each time too.

Keep at it you are doing great!

JT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread