First year with Equinox 800 ends with a new set of golf clubs - what fun

OhioTrevor

Jan 2, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had not picked up a metal detector in over 30 years when I got one for Christmas last year. I’m really impressed by the machine and how easy it is to use. It’s taken some practice and because I still work, I don’t get out very often. That’s what has made the Equinox such fun. On the occasions I am able to sneak away, I generally find something. Thanks to everyone on this site for the support, encouragement and for helping ID the weird stuff I sometimes bring home. The picture below is of my 2020 finds.

21AAC9DB-E0F9-4A61-ADA4-4B63FDE86F2F.jpeg EBAB9FBF-E37F-4750-95E8-C41B78ACFE90.jpeg

Funny story- I stumbled upon a fairly new and complete set of golf clubs in the woods this weekend. I’m guessing they were worth $300+. I called the police the next day and turned the clubs over to them hoping that if they were stolen that maybe someone had reported it and that I could be the means of getting them back to the rightful owner. The police told me it’s not uncommon for thieves to stash stolen goods in the woods and to then email the GPS coordinates to an accomplice for pick up later on.

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe those clubs were thrown away after a really bad round? :laughing7:
Nice 2020 roundup! :icon_thumleft:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like that old doorknob and I like your layout.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread