nheikes Jr. Member Joined Jan 12, 2007 Messages 36 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location York Pa Detector(s) used Garrett GTI 2500 May 8, 2010 Thread Owner #1 I found this a couple years ago in Havanna Illinois in my daughters driveway. At fist I thought it was a fern, but I am pretty sure it's a fish. Attachments fish.webp 10.4 KB · Views: 373
I found this a couple years ago in Havanna Illinois in my daughters driveway. At fist I thought it was a fern, but I am pretty sure it's a fish.
irbaddadjoe Sr. Member Joined Sep 9, 2006 Messages 488 Reaction score 8 Golden Thread 0 Location Bridgeport, Texas May 8, 2010 #2 Cast of a Trilobyte
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 26,000 Reaction score 28,657 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks May 8, 2010 #3 I, too, thought trilobyte, but the middle ridge just doesn't look wide enough.
Harry Pristis Bronze Member Joined Feb 5, 2009 Messages 2,366 Reaction score 1,315 Golden Thread 0 Location Northcentral Florida May 8, 2010 #4 May be a conulariid (Phylum Conulariida) from the Mississippian bedrock of that area.
S Solius Symbiosus Jr. Member Joined Aug 4, 2009 Messages 57 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 May 8, 2010 #5 It appears to be a trilobite; I have a few conulariids from the Paleozoic that I haven't photographed, yet. I will throw them up in the future.
It appears to be a trilobite; I have a few conulariids from the Paleozoic that I haven't photographed, yet. I will throw them up in the future.
nheikes Jr. Member Joined Jan 12, 2007 Messages 36 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location York Pa Detector(s) used Garrett GTI 2500 May 14, 2010 Thread Owner #6 Not a Trilobite - The actually rest of the spine comes out the top witch you can not see in the pic - I'll take another pic when i have time
Not a Trilobite - The actually rest of the spine comes out the top witch you can not see in the pic - I'll take another pic when i have time