They are also great for breakfast, cooked over a fire right after being caught.No walleye out here, Rainbow Trout. They do have some nice color patterns when they're young. View attachment 1517181
Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
They are also great for breakfast, cooked over a fire right after being caught.No walleye out here, Rainbow Trout. They do have some nice color patterns when they're young. View attachment 1517181
They are also great for breakfast, cooked over a fire right after being caught.
Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
north west wind, cold weather, and out going tide, make for a great night of shrimping. Some nights I can get a 5 gallon bucket full just standing on the bank with a hand held shrimp net and a light. Its only good in winter and spring. Went to check the other night, but only saw a couple go by. Not quite cold enough yet.
fall /winter is also sailfish season !! Live action shot. Sailfish close enough for the leader grab. If I can reach out and grab the leader its considerd a catch in a tournament. No need to bring them in if you dont have to. We use a special hook that rust apart very quickly, and cut the line right at the hook for quick release of the fish. Getting ready today to hopefully catch a few tomorrow.View attachment 1518288 fall /winter is also sailfish season !! Live action shot. Sailfish close enough for the leader grab. If I can reach out and grab the leader its considerd a catch in a tournament. No need to bring them in if you dont have to. We use a special hook that rust apart very quickly, and cut the line right at the hook for quick release of the fish. Getting ready today to hopefully catch a few tomorrow.
Good God you people have caught some "Monsters", in comparison all I can offer up is, I have managed to land a few large packages of fish sticks at the local supermarket.

Theres nothing like 'fresh' striped bass fish sticks![]()

heres a king fish or king mackerel. They can be good when fresh but they are a bit soft and fishy, they are great fish to smoke in the smoke house. People bring me these fish all fall and winter long so that I can smoke it for them. I usally keep half the fish as my smoking fee. My reputation as a fish smoker has grown over the last few years ! I have some secret brine recipes that make all the difference !!