jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like paypal. Is that the best you can do, I am a disabled vet, and money is tight, call me, maybe we can work out something. Is it good for finding coins and jewelry? John 765-398-4661

OP
OP
Tnrelicman

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
John,
These are very good relic machines, civil war sites and so on, some people use them for all purpose with great success, but not everyone can pick it up and do that, I would recommend a good used Garrett 250 for coin and jewelry, good light honest machines.

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I appreciate your cancer, thanks.

DirtLover

Oct 9, 2016
Florence,Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236 x2....Garrett GTP 1350....Whites 6000DI Pro SL....Eurotek Pro....Tesoro Deleon...Minelab X-Terra 70...Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has standard coil and shooter coil, also comes with nice Fisher carry bag, this is in really good shape, every relic hunter knows the reputation of these 1260 series machines. I guarantee everything to work properly and as described. Paypal only please
160 $ for the package shipped.

do you still this metal detector???

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the 80's I had 9 detectors, but settled on the Garrett Deepseeker. There was a park I couldn't hunt because of the clinkers which covered the area. I saw a magazine article, the Summer of '84 I think, about the 1260X, and decided to order one, from Kellyco.

I received the machine, read the manual, and on my next day off went to that clinker park. Waded right through it, and my first target was a Walking Liberty. I dug dimes at 10". The last gold ring I found in '87, I found with the 1260X.

I still have that machine! Used it year before last at a bonfire pit and picked coins out from the midst of nails. The old gal is floppy now, but she still works fine.

That's one fine, overlooked, capable machine.

DirtLover

Oct 9, 2016
Florence,Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236 x2....Garrett GTP 1350....Whites 6000DI Pro SL....Eurotek Pro....Tesoro Deleon...Minelab X-Terra 70...Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 80's I had 9 detectors, but settled on the Garrett Deepseeker. There was a park I couldn't hunt because of the clinkers which covered the area. I saw a magazine article, the Summer of '84 I think, about the 1260X, and decided to order one, from Kellyco.

I received the machine, read the manual, and on my next day off went to that clinker park. Waded right through it, and my first target was a Walking Liberty. I dug dimes at 10". The last gold ring I found in '87, I found with the 1260X.

I still have that machine! Used it year before last at a bonfire pit and picked coins out from the midst of nails. The old gal is floppy now, but she still works fine.

That's one fine, overlooked, capable machine.

i saw one on ebay yesterday...for 90$...by the time i did a lil research on it...it was already sold

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
i saw one on ebay yesterday...for 90$...by the time i did a lil research on it...it was already sold

I don't remember how much I paid for it way back then. I certainly wouldn't sell it now for $90, or the $160 as offered here. People pay $250 for entry level machines today. They overlook antiques like the 1260X which are just as deep, just as capable, as any machine on the market today. Yes, I love & trust my CTX. But there's always a time & place for the 1260X.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my old 1266X working again this past Winter , WOW! "Depth"!

Yes it's a little heavy but when i'm working through deep grass , saplings , vines etc, the coil weight easily 'mow's' right through the lite Brush, I just got a G2+ Still learning it , but I'm afraid i'm gonna break the Coil if I hit a Sticker Bush ???

Is this Machine still for sale?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Is this Machine still for sale?

Hey, if I didn't still have mine I'd be jumping on this, period! It really was the real deal, completely abandoned my ADS III after I bought the 1260X. This is a great bargain / deal.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Alas, this thread is pushing 4 years old.... We don't see many of these surface for sale anymore. Davers, me thinks the OP doesn't have it anymore, or if he reads my posts he won't sell it for the asking price listed.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea the Sellers last activity was in Sept 2014...So.
I hope he still alive.

Just (IMO) Not enough Civil War & Other Relics left to feed a hungry hunter.

It takes a true History lover & Treasure hunter at heart to stick with this hobby for 5-10 years these days.

I've seen guy's who watched the TV shows in the past 5 years got a Machine / PP & after a year You don't see or hear from them anymore.

Like I stated awhile back in Civil War Forum " Civil War Boom Time Hunting is over" Some folk did not like that assumption.
But
After almost 20 years of detecting & 35 years of looking at Finds in North South Trader & Other Mag's & Reading the Stories of "OG" hunters with Pouches of Minnies & a Plate or 2 every time out. & Hundreds of GS buttons.

Today I dig a GS Button , I won the lottery , then go to my Club & get a Very Nice GS as a Door Prize & Can buy nice Guilt ed letter GS Buttons for 20-25 Dollars.
I still love to find those $1.40 Mercs & 2 cent Wheat Backs.
MAN! You got to love to discover stuff.
Davers

Sorry kinda got off track, well off to the Dr. & Maybe I can Find a Wheat Cent or Fired Minnie Or a CSA button while I'm out. You just never Know. lol

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I did manage to pick up a 12" coil for the 1260X off the For Sale forum here about a year ago. I cruise through there fairly regularly looking at what's being offered just in case....

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still available?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread