Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out today for a hunt.

Went back to my spot where I found the 57 and RP buttons.

I hunted the exact same spot that 2 of us went over 4 times.

2 time both of us using FISHER F75s.....1 time partner had F75 and I was using the Tesoro SandShark...1 time just me with the F75.

The 3rd time the targets were very few...maybe 10-15 targets.......4TH time only 5 or 6 targets.

Now...keep in mind that the F75 in saltwater environment is very noisy....I can only tame it by using the 5 inch coil / discrim 6 / sens 60....but even then it is noisy from salt interference and hot rocks are bad also. Which leads to missed targets and poor ground coverage with small coil.
The Tesoro SandShark performs better than the F75.....as it is quiet and has better ground cverage with the 8 inch coil.Hot rocks are still a nuisance . The SandShark is not as powerfull as the F75...BUT OUT PERFORMS IT IN THE SALTWATER ENVIRONMENT.

HOWEVER.... when hunting on the shore we have to deal with rocks...which means the detector is not just a few inches off the ground...a lot of times it is 6 inches off the ground...unavoidable !!!! And makes it very hard to see the targets that are lying in between the rocks.

So.... enter the CZ 21.... day before I used it to the east of the button spot....had been over this spot 4 or 5 times.

Picked up 50+ targets !!!

So after this I was obviously excited to get to the button spot.....went over the area carefully and was hitting targets as soon as I got there . Most of these targets were inbetween the rocks with the detector 6 inchs off the ground.

They rang in loud and clear with a few a lower sound but easily picked up. Quite a few were on clear ground..no rocks..and still there was targets . Hot rocks are still terrible here as I was hunting in ALL METAL ... had to kick the rocks away and picked up 5 or 6 targets this way also.

Even found 2 more buttons..but not the ones I was looking for. Any of the 45+ targets coulda been that special find !!!!!

Had the control box mounted on my belt..so just swinging the shaft...you could swing that thing all day. Thinking the chest mount might be bettter tho as the knobs would be better accessible.... but that would mean more chord hanging .

Prolly not the best set up for woods hunting with off shaft mounts as the chord would be a pain in the asss I,m sure.

But so far...I,m liking the CZ 21 !!!

The SandShark will be my back up detector as it is a good machine also....just lacking that extra power needed to get down in rough terrain.

Of course this is my opinion only !!!!

Also don,t forget ...I,m still a newb...so take this with a grain of salt.

2014-02-20 12.01.55.jpg 2014-02-20 12.02.21.jpg 2014-02-20 12.02.37.jpg 2014-02-20 12.02.52.jpg 2014-02-20 12.03.10.jpg 2014-02-20 12.03.30.jpg 2014-02-20 12.03.40.jpg 2014-02-20 12.04.29.jpg 2014-02-20 12.04.44.jpg

Upvote 8

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've often wondered about the CZ 21....I had the 1280x for about 7 years....it did very well on the beach and in the water.
Fishers are good machines....

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've often wondered about the CZ 21....I had the 1280x for about 7 years....it did very well on the beach and in the water.
Fishers are good machines....

I,m not familiar with the 1280x at all... is it similar to the CZ ?

And I also like the Fishers..... but I have no experience with other detectors .

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The volume of targets speaks for itself! That baby is sniffing out loads of targets that were previously missed. Great post AQUA. That machine has got my attention

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the CZ 21 works quite well here on the rocky east coast, thanks for the info. GL. HH!

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m not familiar with the 1280x at all... is it similar to the CZ ?

And I also like the Fishers..... but I have no experience with other detectors .

It is similar.....the CZ 21 is an upgrade from the 1280x.......

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The volume of targets speaks for itself! That baby is sniffing out loads of targets that were previously missed. Great post AQUA. That machine has got my attention

TY AHAB

Just got back from another hunt.... went to new spot to have a look.

Will post later on .

Another thing I learned today about the CZ 21......

Last spot we stopped on the way home to a little spot to have a quick look... I decided to play with it a little bit.

I prefer hunting in ALL METAL..... but when I hit targets I would switch over to DISCRIM 1 and see if it was iron or not. Worked very good..... saved a lot of digging. Was very easily done as it is just 2 clicks of the knob.

Hit a big copper coin also...... big sounnd also .... switched to DISCRIM 1.. reported back loud and clear mid tone ...knew I had a good target. Was kinda fun hunting that way.

What I like about the F75 is that when you hit a nice target the numbers tell ya just that...makes it exciting to dig. Is no numbers on the CZ 21... but toggling back to DISCRIM on a good is target almost the same thing.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY AHAB

Just got back from another hunt.... went to new spot to have a look.

Will post later on .

Another thing I learned today about the CZ 21......

Last spot we stopped on the way home to a little spot to have a quick look... I decided to play with it a little bit.

I prefer hunting in ALL METAL..... but when I hit targets I would switch over to DISCRIM 1 and see if it was iron or not. Worked very good..... saved a lot of digging. Was very easily done as it is just 2 clicks of the knob.

Hit a big copper coin also...... big sounnd also .... switched to DISCRIM 1.. reported back loud and clear mid tone ...knew I had a good target. Was kinda fun hunting that way.

What I like about the F75 is that when you hit a nice target the numbers tell ya just that...makes it exciting to dig. Is no numbers on the CZ 21... but toggling back to DISCRIM on a good is target almost the same thing.
That new machine sounds great. It's so nice to have a simple way to double check your target. It sounds like a little practice with that baby and you're gonna love that thing. I'm guilty as we'll of number gawking a bit on my T2 SE but have gotten much better about it. I think with the crazy amount of rugged coastline I have close to me I'd be crazy not to buy a great water machine. There have been soooo many old ship wrecks around here it would blow your mind. We have got one of craziest coast lines in the world. The pirates and smugglers loved it because it was so easy to hide. Ok I'm done rambling. Be looking for your post buddy

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another succesful hunt, congrats.
I hear that the CZ21 is a beast, I am sure you will be very happy with it.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions