Fisher cz5 quicksilver

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Jody, this is the JW Fisher forum which are Pulse detectors for professionals and wannabies. You'll get more responses in the Fisher Labs section.

The Fisher CZ5 is still a very good detector. I have the CZ6a which is just a couple upgrades or features up from yours. I had the link for the field test for the CZ-5 but can't find it now. Fisher should be able to help you with getting a manual and they still repair them if needed. But the life time warranty is void now, but they have been better with their repairs policy. :coffee2:

Good Luck,
Sandman

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
The CZ5 is a very good detector.Wish I had not sold mine and would not hesitate to buy another.When thinking of getting another one,I called Fisher to see if they still repaired them and they said that they did because the CZ3d had the same electronics so parts are not a problem.You have bought a very good unit,you don't see many people selling them,they hang on to it.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ5 I the deepect machine that I have ever owned but it does love deep iron. I beat mine to death and never had any problems with it. I was amazed of some of the coin depths with that thing. I traded it about three years ago and still wish I had it. :coffee2:

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still one of the best machines ever made. Unlike the newer digital machines that bounce numbers on deep silver, that needle on the CZ's will lock on and not fluctuate on good targets. Is more sensitive to iron, but its super depth is a good trade off.

- CZ user since 1995.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread