Fisher F4 or Fisher 1236X2

richbat

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre/GPP/Lesche/Bomb Sheath
Well the search continues for a new detector and after reading many reviews and watching countless videos i think i have my choices maybe narrowed down to these 2 machines,Fisher F4 or Fisher 1236X2.So now i need to know from the folks who have used these 2 machines mainly the 1236x2 what your opinions are on them.I'm kinda partial to the no frills machine and just a matter of opinion don't really care for screens that give indications on what may or may not be in the ground,to me it seems that sometimes less is better and not so many other things to go wrong with the machine.Another thing that makes me lean more towards the 1236x2 is that i think sometimes when a company tries to make something better they end up going in the wrong direction and making it worse,but there again only my opinion.

Do try to get hold of both for a test. The 1236X2 only drawbacks for me was that it goes through its 9 volt batteries at a far faster rate than the F4 does its 9v ones and the VCO which is to loud for me.

On the plus side its better than many of the old "true" Fishers from the point of view of iron. You still hear more than some other detectors but can still identify it and this allows you to find iron and coins very close together.

Great coil choice with the F4 and the prices arn't bad. Its all going to be down to feel/balance as your not bothered about the "toys" that the 4 has in plenty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back