What's new

Fisher F75

Chris Canada

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Niagara
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Tessoro Vaqureo, NoktaMakro Simplex+, garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What do you guys generally run your F75 @?
i know it all depends on the ground and location.
Just thought I would ask as I have a trip to VA coming up next month and would like to sharpen my skills a tad.

Thanks guys!
 
You mean the sensitivity?

Somewhere between 80 and 90. Occasionally as low as 60 or even lower.
 
Thanks alot for the tip.
anything other tips?
:icon_thumright:
 
Ground balance often (takes a second with FASTGRAB), I think Jewlery (JE) is overly squirrely and like the default or bottlecap settings. I also prefer 2F to the multiple tones settings. I also have gotten into the habit of doing a hard reset whenever I start a day. That way I haven't left a setting selected I didn't intend to. I run without any notches and just a barely into iron, "4", for discrimination. That keeps the detector in high gain. Like using the "boost" button on the new version. I use the display and target reactions when sweeping over a hit from several directions to decide what to dig.

Here's a chart that can be a blessing in spots with a lot of trash. But remember most trash has a good find at the same conductivity. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Occasionally I still dig everything - keeps you learning about the detector and occasionally a pleasant surprise pops up. I find a lot of "junk" rings that other hunters


F75TDIScale.jpg
 
Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply.
Good advice for sure.
Do you think you could email me the chart?
Its a little hard to read from the post.
Thanks again! :icon_thumright:
chris@delaatglobal.com
 
Charlie P. (NY) said:
You mean the sensitivity?

Somewhere between 80 and 90. Occasionally as low as 60 or even lower.
Same here but all depends on location!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom