Fisher F75DST - Found Some Silver But I Lost My Camera

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right off this morning I found a beat up Rosie while working a curb strip. I took some pictures of the it and left for another location. I worked several curb strips at several different locations and found 7 wheat pennies, before I finally got my search coil over a 1941 Mercury dime. I popped a beautiful marble out of the hole first. When I reached for my camera to take some pictures, it wasn't there. Damn!

I retraced my route and couldn't find it. Not really a big deal, because I don't carry my good camera with me when I go detecting. I'm going to order me another used Cannon SD600 online. It takes goods pictures, I'm familiar with it and I can get one for around $20 bucks with a case.

This was my 67th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 194. I only need six more by the end of June. It's doable!

My F75DST detector settings: 9.0, Sensitivity 85, DE Mode, 4H Tones, Disc Level 0, GB 76.

tabman

F75DST%20Mercuy%20Dime%20-%20Rosie%20-%20Nikon%20003_zpskf1oqz9b.jpg

F75DST%20Mercuy%20Dime%20-%20Rosie%20-%20Nikon%20002_zpsjphfcbsh.jpg

Upvote 7

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, was that YOUR camera ? LOL. Love seeing that crummy stuff fresh out of the ground.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bitter sweet day for you. Congrats on the silver!

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right off this morning I found a beat up Rosie while working a curb strip. I took some pictures of the it and left for another location. I worked several curb strips at several different locations and found 7 wheat pennies, before I finally got my search coil over a 1941 Mercury dime. I popped a beautiful marble out of the hole first. When I reached for my camera to take some pictures, it wasn't there. Damn!

I retraced my route and couldn't find it. Not really a big deal, because I don't carry my good camera with me when I go detecting. I'm going to order me another used Cannon SD600 online. It takes goods pictures, I'm familiar with it and I can get one for around $20 bucks with a case.

This was my 67th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 194. I only need six more by the end of June. It's doable!

My F75DST detector settings: 9.0, Sensitivity 85, DE Mode, 4H Tones, Disc Level 0, GB 76.

tabman

F75DST%20Mercuy%20Dime%20-%20Rosie%20-%20Nikon%20003_zpskf1oqz9b.jpg

F75DST%20Mercuy%20Dime%20-%20Rosie%20-%20Nikon%20002_zpsjphfcbsh.jpg

It may hurt you a little. But the truth is.. they still make cameras. You will get over it. HH And God bless! :BangHead

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about the camera loss.
Congrats on the silver
Thanks! I have another cheap camera ready to go for tomorrow's hunt. Hopefully I'll get to use it.

Oh, was that YOUR camera ? LOL. Love seeing that crummy stuff fresh out of the ground.
Thank! I love looking at freshly unearthed silver.

A bitter sweet day for you. Congrats on the silver!
Thanks! I did have a good time.

Congrats on the silver
Thanks!

It may hurt you a little. But the truth is.. they still make cameras. You will get over it. HH And God bless! :BangHead
Thanks! I always look on the bright side of things to makes things better. At least I didn't get shot!

tabman

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet silver! Those are in great shape!

Maybe a bungee cord for the new camera, attached to your detecting belt?

I'm sure if my head wasn't atrached i would have left it somewhere by now!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 48 silver for the year, I detect a lot tons of wheat I feel like a farmer harvesting wheat. I have a 200 dollar camera piece of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Ill try the one you have mentioned. Great job on the silver I'm jelous

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silver finds! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now here I thought you were going to take it easy for a while. :dontknow: Glad that didn't last. :thumbsup: Sorry about the camera, but congrats on keeping the streak alive. :occasion14:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet silver! Those are in great shape!

Maybe a bungee cord for the new camera, attached to your detecting belt?

I'm sure if my head wasn't atrached i would have left it somewhere by now!
Thanks! The Velcro that held the camera case to the belt loop must have come lose.

I have 48 silver for the year, I detect a lot tons of wheat I feel like a farmer harvesting wheat. I have a 200 dollar camera piece of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Ill try the one you have mentioned. Great job on the silver I'm jelous
Thanks! Those little Cannon cameras work great!

nice finds
Thanks!

Congratualtions on the silver finds! :occasion14:
Thanks! I'm a lucky dude!

Now here I thought you were going to take it easy for a while. :dontknow: Glad that didn't last. :thumbsup: Sorry about the camera, but congrats on keeping the streak alive. :occasion14:
Thanks. I need to take a break. This heat isn't good.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions