Fisher Gold Bug DP my sincerist apologies....

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently traded an Etrac for a AT Pro and Gold Bug DP (was downsizing for financial reasons) my plan was to get an ATPro anyway so when offered I jumped. This is roughly my words to Cosmic when I made the trade. "I wanted to buy an AT Pro with half the sale money anyway so I'll probably end up selling the DP as I don't have much use for it, but it will still work out even in the end as I get my AT Pro."

Thank goodness I am an inquisitive one and decided to take the DP for a spin anyway. I hunt an old cellar hole with alot of iron trash. I have had ok finds sparatically, the Etrac was up till now the best as it found things a Quick Draw II(obviously) missed, as well as a Garrett 250, and 2500, and a Safari. I still ended up digging alot of nails though.

With the DP I kept my disc. at 50 so I still heard some iron but could ignore it. The amazing thing is the response on this thing, I found a harmonica reed, spoon, some sort of fence post top or an ornament of some kind, a switch too a oil lamp.....and a womans gold ring(my first ring). All these were near nails, and I mean close, but it recovered and gave me enough of a signal to know where to and where not to dig. Not a single one of the other detectors did any of this with any where near the efficiency.

This was all areas I have covered carefully before, this was the best day yet by far and fun as I didn't waste any time digging trash. I am not saying the Etrac could not once learned to perfection do this, I don't know. But as far as relic hunting goes I will stand behind the DP till the end. I am simply amazed.

Like the heading says, I am sorry for pre judging and doubting DP you are one h@LL of a machine!!

I LOVE my gold bug Pro!

I'd say you got a heck of a deal.
I feel the same about the GB. Its pretty much unmatched in the iron handling/separation dept. SUPER quiet too, and compared to the F75 or F70. I can run mine wide open in placed that used to give the F75 fits. I've had mine in a number of VERY iron littered sites....and it continues to amaze. It doesnt have the raw depth the F75 has, but it more than makes up for it in the separation/signal clarity dept on the right site. Its a snap to set up to. I really like how the tone break is tied to the disc setting. The expanded lower disc range helps you really tune it to the site too.
It doesnt "quite" have the audio modulation the F75 has......so it a wee bit harder to determine iron with it sometimes (bigger "wraparound" iron)......but the foot print and signal strength are usually dead giveaways.
Like I said......................I love mine......and its become a "must have" staple in my arsenal.
The only thing I might change.........is the rod configuration. I prefer the G2 rod to the GB rod....but other than that..... its a keeper!

Streak, is the G2 rod cam lock? That and the coil guard are the only two things I am "unhappy" with, it's managable but not ideal.

Try the 5" coil on the G2 or GB Pro. You will REALLY be amazed then! Talk about hunting thru iron! WOW!!!!!!!!!

I think it is. The rod looks a lot like the F75 rod..........
I havent actually held one in my hand. ( a G2 that is)

Hosensack said:
Streak, is the G2 rod cam lock? That and the coil guard are the only two things I am "unhappy" with, it's managable but not ideal.

I'm loving mine, and everything you said is true. Maybe not quite as deep as some higher priced machines, but deep enough for the money. The Disc separation and recovery speed more than makes up for it. I got the DP and the 5" coil too. Much of what I hunt is so full of targets and trash, that the 5" hockey puck is all I need. I just don't go that many feet before I'm on my knees digging. The smaller coil is quieter and ground balances easier, too. Sometimes it's hard to get myself to take off the hockey puck and put on the big 11" DD. You can work it so fast through trash it doesn't slow me down that much. Still amazes me how loud it barks on a good tiny target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back