What's new

Fisher same as Bounty Hunter???????

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Full Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
179
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
I heard rumors about this , are they the same company ???
 
Yes, both Bounty hunter and Fisher have the same parent company.

First Texas own and operate Teknetics, Fisher Labs, and Bounty Hunter. (Kinda like GM owns Cadillac, Buick and Chevy)
While FT owns all these detector lines, I understand that they are separate divisions. Thats not to say there isnt some crossover when it comes to technology, as I'm sure there is to a degree. Now, having said that, it important to understand that todays Bounty hunter is NOT the Bounty Hunter of old. All the current Bounty hunters have had major overhauls, and work and operate much better than their predecessors. In fact, a lot of the newer Bounty Hunters are great little machines! The Teknetic and Fisher "F" series machines have set industry standards on their collective ears, and continue to be trendsetters in the hobby today. The association between Entry level machines (Bounty Hunters) and Flagship machines (Like the T2 and F75) is a GOOD thing . It says how far the NEW Bounty Hunter line has come since being taken over by FT. FT's engineers have had their hands full!
I've had the opportunity to use a few of those "Cheap New Bounty Hunters", and if you havent, you would probably be suprised at just how WELL they work for their modest price! Its THOSE machines that give a lot of folks their first taste of the hobby. And besides, ALL the machine out there simply CANT be top of the line or flagships. There are a lot of differerent needs and price levels that influence peoples decision to buy in the first place. If we didnt have entry level machines, then a lot of us wouldnt have gotten into the hobby in the first place.
Yep, both Fisher and BountyHunter are from the same folks, but they are NOT embarassed by it. In fact, I'm betting that the engineers are pretty proud of thier accomplishments! Streak!
 
If they are, then I need to start using bounty hunters as well - because these new Fisher detectors (especially the F75) are the absolute best detectors I have used. I picked up an F75 a year ago and I have not put it down since.

Ian
 
I have a BH, GB2, and a T2. I used to live just down the street from First Texas and have delt with them in person with excelent results. I took 2nd place in a coin shoot with my BH going up against people with big money machines. Each machine has its place.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom