Fisher

RLOH

Dec 10, 2005
Re: Fisher Warranty - Is It Worthless ??????

Badger, as strange as it may seem, the F75 and F70 comes with only one washer. I thought they had left one out when I unpacked my new F series so I called the company and they told me two washers might break the collars on the coil. I used the one and it never loosened. You do deserve a return call though. R.L.

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Badger :
Page 6 #2 Notice that the lower rod is supplied with no rubber washers. push coil knob through hole and tighten knob gently you will tighten up the coil knob later ...
Fisher F70 user manual ...

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Badger:
This below is also of some convo that I had with Kellyco and Fisher this morning on the phone might be of some interest or not .. I guess I could call this official, I called... Fisher at 1- 915-225-0333 she transfer'd me to customer service. I told the lady that there was no registration card in the box, when the detector came , and there was no provision on their web site, to do and on line registration either. She said they are not putting warranty cards/ registration cards in with the detectors any more, that your warranty will be taken from your serial number on the bottom of your battery box as the date of manufacture/ warranty. Mine starts with 1108 with that said, I have to assume Nov of 08, is my manufacture date..Kellyco today also said if I need warranty I go thru Fisher.. Guess that's not a prob. I called them after Fisher. By the way my D is up and running been out couple times for short periods, its still in the low 30's here so makes it not too much fun ..

George (MN)

May 16, 2005

The warranty should be from years from the day you purchased it, not 5 years from the date they made it. The last I heard, you use your receipt as proof you haven't had it over 5 years & that you are the original purchaser.

If they used a date stamp on the detector, the warranty would have to be considered transferable. The last I knew, the 2nd owner gets no warranty. That's probably one reason they don't use warranty cards, so the 1st owner can't keep the warranty card & send it to the next buyer.

Also, if the warranty was based on date of manufacturing, one could get cheated out of a year or two of warranty if the dealer took that long to sell it. So I feel pretty confident in saying the receipt is still used for the warranty. HH, George (MN)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is really too bad. I never had any problems with Fisher before the buy-out. And their old machines lasted a decade and a half with no repairs! I SERIOUSLY Hope their new machines last as long. :-\

It appears that Even Though there are the "Same Engineers, Same Service Reps, and Same Customer Service staff" at Fisher now (according to First Texas ::)), their Quality of customer service has gone Way Down.

Let's hope that the Quality of their detectors in terms of Longevity has not sunk as low as well.

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X

This thread causes me pause when it comes to this manufacturer. I was looking at an older model too. ???
Dan

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5

I'll relay my First Texas ( Titan ) (not Felix @Fisher) experience which was fine, I had the plastic casting crack under my battery holder, as I was looking into an F 70 at the time I happen to mention this to the dealer.
I called FT and got my RGA # but still had to get a box, pack it and drop it off so it took me a few days to do this and shipper was very slow getting it there.
In the mean time the dealer had told ? mike Hollis ? FT rep and he called FT and asked them to look into it.
Well... FT CONTACTED ME... and said they had not received the detector yet, and wanted to make sure everything was OK !!
It finally arrived..
They fixed it, and it looked like a new detector. Only when I really studied it could I see a bit of wear on the metal of the battery contact which told me I had my boards in a new housing. They replaced my 8 and 10 inch coils because the Titan lower allowed sand to get into the area behind the coil mount ears and grind a ring into the ears, then they changed the lower rod to a Fisher style to seal it better.
They returned it back to me about four days quicker than there estmated return date.
and I have no doubt if anything happens they will do it again ( for five years )
So.. I have no concerns about buying a FT product and will ( I hope ) $ ..economy... broken truck... be picking one out next Monday
My Tesoro has finally about quit, ( also battery holders/wiring to them ) so I'll have to have service from them, I expect good things as they were very good a couple years ago when the battery holder door plungers crumbled and it puked the battery holders out the bottom. They sent me the new parts no charge, just a call to them and a ups box to me.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's

Badger, both my '70 and '75 came with one rubber washer, but in the case of the '70, I had to buy another slightly thinner one to go with the factory/dealer supplied one. Otherwise, my coil shook like those hula dolls in the back glass of old cars! LOL!! Regards, Richard

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Badger, did you delete your post about the resale value of the new Fishers?

:icon_scratch:

Well...either way, you're right about that. But that's not all that bad if the resale value of them is hurt by the high repair cost. After all, it's good news for the corporation that manufactures them. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread