What's new

Fishing Reel

GroundS.KeepeR

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
872
Reaction score
213
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
My Fishing Buddy :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • l_e0f8750cba5546bfaa7e64ca5e1ec768.webp
    l_e0f8750cba5546bfaa7e64ca5e1ec768.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 906
  • l_0480b67a6aa4421295337a771252688c.webp
    l_0480b67a6aa4421295337a771252688c.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 859
  • l_1ac3780f228b488b89eb13fa539d68cf.webp
    l_1ac3780f228b488b89eb13fa539d68cf.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 873
Ha!

I used to use the OLD cardinal reels for Steel head trout fishing.
Made by ABU Garcia in Sweden.

All brass gears. These reels were tough!
They are still in demand
 

Attachments

  • cardinal.webp
    cardinal.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,009
I have 2 ABU Garcia Ambassadeurs, a 5500c and a 5000, been useing for 30 years.......
 
4-H said:
Ha!

I used to use the OLD cardinal reels for Steel head trout fishing.
Made by ABU Garcia in Sweden.

All brass gears. These reels were tough!
They are still in demand
This one has held up reel :laughing7: good.. And i fish alot!
 
Mighty AP said:
Anybody remember the old Dam Quicks? I still have one. I grew up using the ol' Mitchel 300's for trout, all us kids had em & loved em. :icon_thumleft:
Any pictures? ;D
 
Mighty AP said:
Anybody remember the old Dam Quicks? I still have one. I grew up using the ol' Mitchel 300's for trout, all us kids had em & loved em. :icon_thumleft:
Great reels :icon_thumleft: I liked the smaller 308 :thumbsup:

SS
 

Attachments

  • gm308.webp
    gm308.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 884
GroundS.KeepeR said:
Mighty AP said:
Anybody remember the old Dam Quicks? I still have one. I grew up using the ol' Mitchel 300's for trout, all us kids had em & loved em. :icon_thumleft:
Any pictures? ;D
:thumbsup:

SS
 

Attachments

  • gm300.webp
    gm300.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 876
I bought 3 Cardinals last year from Cabellas. Grandkids needed new ones and the reels were on sale.
 
i side wiyh the 300 users and also the best trout reel made the 308 could truly handle 2 lb test line and catch 5lb brownies from under cuts with ease smoth drag great action golly imiss them :hello2: :hello:
 
Great reels I liked the smaller 308
==================================================================
Great ultra-light reel for mountain stream trout. I still have the, I think it was called the '408'. It was
the same size but dark blue in color but supposedly made in France with a high speed retrieve. Mounted
on a 4 1/2 Fenwick rod & using only 2 or 4 lb. test , I've had years of fun pulling trout of mountain streams.
 
Tubecity said:
Great reels I liked the smaller 308
==================================================================
Great ultra-light reel for mountain stream trout. I still have the, I think it was called the '408'. It was
the same size but dark blue in color but supposedly made in France with a high speed retrieve. Mounted
on a 4 1/2 Fenwick rod & using only 2 or 4 lb. test , I've had years of fun pulling trout of mountain streams.
Was that the one with the spring arm Bail...oh no that was the Michell Match, anyone use one of those, they were Great :notworthy:

SS
 
Was that the one with the spring arm Bail...oh no that was the Michell Match,
==============================================================
No , the 408 looked exactly like the 308 except it was blue & had different gears
for a smoother & faster retrieve.
 
not sure that little thing would catch what i like to fish for.lol
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    162.5 KB · Views: 582
steve71 said:
not sure that little thing would catch what i like to fish for.lol
Looks like you used a Baseball Bat, not a fishing reel :(

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
steve71 said:
not sure that little thing would catch what i like to fish for.lol
Looks like you used a Baseball Bat, not a fishing reel :(

SS
no just had to hit him in the head with a stick,lol. you try walking this 5,1/2ft guy back to the truck in waist deep water about 150 yards.you will lose that battle.i had to do the same thing to a shark and when i was about to the truck this 3,1/2 shark came back to life had to smack him again.
 
This Pinnacle Inertia Finesse ISP10 has been doing it for me this season. Planted to a 7' Abu Garcia Ambassaduer rod, it will cast a country mile. Love the baitcasters although there can be quite a learning curve to each reel.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 7.webp
    Picture 7.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 575
  • Picture 8.webp
    Picture 8.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 560

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom