What's new

Fishing Reel

Like that what you done with that 2nd pic. I don't use open face, cause I just tangle them up. Zebco was great til they quit makin them in Tulsa and started makin them in the Himalayas or some place they don't fish. The Zebco 33 Platinum sucks. I sell them, and I recommend that people don't buy them. They're good for about 3 casts, then you take em apart and untangle them. I hope somebody from Zebco sees this post.
 
RGINN said:
Like that what you done with that 2nd pic. I don't use open face, cause I just tangle them up. Zebco was great til they quit makin them in Tulsa and started makin them in the Himalayas or some place they don't fish. The Zebco 33 Platinum sucks. I sell them, and I recommend that people don't buy them. They're good for about 3 casts, then you take em apart and untangle them. I hope somebody from Zebco sees this post.
Do you mean they over-run :dontknow: and don't they have the Magnetic brake blockes inside, to counter over-run :read2:

SS
 
Dam Quick 550. Ive had this thing for 25 years & it was old when I got it. Its bigger than a Mitchell 300, I put 20 lb test on it & used it on the Seal Beach jetty for halibut, bass & rays. Sorry, its a lil' dusty. ;D
 

Attachments

  • dam quick.webp
    dam quick.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 598
Silver Searcher said:
RGINN said:
Like that what you done with that 2nd pic. I don't use open face, cause I just tangle them up. Zebco was great til they quit makin them in Tulsa and started makin them in the Himalayas or some place they don't fish. The Zebco 33 Platinum sucks. I sell them, and I recommend that people don't buy them. They're good for about 3 casts, then you take em apart and untangle them. I hope somebody from Zebco sees this post.
Do you mean they over-run :dontknow: and don't they have the Magnetic brake blockes inside, to counter over-run :read2:

SS

If you are referring to the birds nest problems with baitcasters there are several tips you can use to overcome them:

Use the longest rod you can get away with but nothing shorter than 6'. I won't use anything shorter than 6'5".

With the rod baited, hold it out at around 45 degrees and adjust the tension so that the bait makes a slow but steady descent to the ground when you depress the button. If it drops too fast, your spool is too loose which will result in spaghetti every time.

Cast with the open face of the reel at about a 45-50 degree angle, (10-11 o'clock position for righties, 1-2 o'clock for lefties) not horizontally.

I usually set the brake at around half way then forget about it.
 
Mighty AP said:
Dam Quick 550. Ive had this thing for 25 years & it was old when I got it. Its bigger than a Mitchell 300, I put 20 lb test on it & used it on the Seal Beach jetty for halibut, bass & rays. Sorry, its a lil' dusty. ;D
may be worth something now?
 
AP...I used to fish Seal Beach also but for smaller fish. We would catch sand dabs, croaker and perch. We would just scavange for bait like ghost shrimp, bloodworms and mussels. We fished right by the drawbridge. Got broke off a few times!
 
Tubecity said:
Great reels I liked the smaller 308
==================================================================
Great ultra-light reel for mountain stream trout. I still have the, I think it was called the '408'. It was
the same size but dark blue in color but supposedly made in France with a high speed retrieve. Mounted
on a 4 1/2 Fenwick rod & using only 2 or 4 lb. test , I've had years of fun pulling trout of mountain streams.
Now your talking.
Except as a kid I had a "lamiglass" then a Fenwick to a Sage.
I miss the Steelhead and big Brown fishing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom