What's new

Fishing Trip turns into Bracelet and Ring return on the beach

Beepbeep13

Full Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
243
Reaction score
185
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went fishing today with no luck, I tried a few different spots...

One spot was an inlet next to a beach....I was waiting for the tide to come in so I could start fishing it, so whats an addicted detectorist do? Grabs his detector and starts sweeping the beach. After a few minutes a guy approaches me saying his daughter lost her bracelet and ring yesterday (she put them on her beach towel and forgot about them) and he has been raking the beach trying to find it, they were silver and he had a pretty good idea where they might be

Long story short I found them after 5 minutes!!! We all were totally shocked hahaha, we were all yelling on the beach with excitement... I got a decent signal and as soon as I pulled the sand scoop out I saw the bracelet, right next to it was the ring

Of course he offered me something and I declined, I was rewarded enough by being able to help and seeing how happy they were, but they also offer me a beer and I couldn't say no to that 😆🍺

To make my day even better? I stopped at Walgreen's after to pick up some sun screen and a women next to me got out and dropped a $20 spot on the ground as she got out of her car, made her day by being honest!!!!

Keep it positive everyone! I had an absolute blast today, today was a great reminder to be respectful and help out people when you can, it comes back to you one way or another - I promise.

now I'm home and gonna mix up a drink!!!!
62470705188a679896da4274e2fc5e29.jpg
 
Upvote 58
that was a great day!
I will always take hugs as payment
 
UH OOOOOOOOO BEEP BEEP PASSED UP DIRT FOR SAND FISHING AND FOUND A NICE RING.
 
So it was your turn to be a guardian angel today. I was hoping I wasn't on the roster today. Congrats for all those good deeds. "whats comes around, goes around. :notworthy: Bet the beer tasted good..
 
Congrats on a Great day!!

Karma is all I'm saying....
 
You give the hobby a good name. I'm sure your integrity will reward you with a great find. Thank you for representing our hobby in such a positive way.
 
Thanks guys I was on cloud 9,

Also I should note, this is a beach I have never been to so I was a little skeptical of how people may react with the detector on the beach, I thought the guy was approaching me to give me a hard time, I felt totally comfortable going all threw the beach after chatting with him and realized no one cared!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Nice recoveries and returns!

You scored gold!!!

Thank you for caring.
 
Yea man,,,

Ain't KARMA wonderful ?

If I were you I would surely be out detecting,,,I would say you have a better than average chance of really scoring.

Just a thought ya know

Hit
 
Congrats on the good deeds and making us all look a little better! I like your outlook! :occasion14:
 
Great Job!!! Great story.
 
What a great day it must have been ! :occasion14:
 
Thanks all for the kind words, the family on the beach said they have been vacationing there for 20 years and had never seen anyone on that beach with a detector

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Great job! And wasn't that beer good? Hope your next find is a old coin on your list.
 
BeepBeep13
Great job way to give back , you the man
 
Great Karma! I never charge to help if someone asks while I am there and they have a good idea. I do charge if someone calls me and asks me to travel and look for a lost item
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom