What's new

Fishing weights?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Do you guys think these are fishing weights? ???
 

Attachments

  • 044.webp
    044.webp
    26 KB · Views: 301
  • 045.webp
    045.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 047.webp
    047.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 046.webp
    046.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 048.webp
    048.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 286
  • 037.webp
    037.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 308
  • 036.webp
    036.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 035.webp
    035.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 286
2nd looks like a lead seal. 1st could be the same, unused? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
The first one looks like a piano key weight.
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
The reason I think fishing weights is that I found a ton of them in this area. Seems like the grooves in the flat one would be used to tie fishing line around it. I have never seen a lead seal with those notches. The cylindrical one I am not sure.
 

Attachments

  • 040.webp
    040.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 312
  • 038.webp
    038.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 308
  • 038.webp
    038.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 040.webp
    040.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0
The notches are from squashing a seal with a hole through it.
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
The notches are from squashing a seal with a hole through it.
I love lead seals and have dug many. I am hoping it is a lead seal, but every lead seal I have found has a hole through it where the string went through. There is a groove on the outside of this one, which is another first if its a lead seal. Did they make lead seals that you tied something around the outside? I hope its a lead seal. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I like the idea of the lead seal and agree with the notches being formed when the seal was mashed. Not sure what to make of the outside groove but lead is easy to work and I think I would have poked a hole through it rather than go through the hassle of trying to tie the string “AROUND” the seal and make it stay on. Just a thought.
 
Upvote 0
Pistol ball/fishing weight.....
 

Attachments

  • DugObjects (32).webp
    DugObjects (32).webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 263
  • DugObjects (32).webp
    DugObjects (32).webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Measuring weight?
Replies
3
Views
396
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of weight?
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom