What's new

Five rings, but....

fredinbelize

Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2007
Messages
799
Reaction score
558
Golden Thread
0
Location
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tungsten Carbide, stainless steel, base metal and two silver.:BangHead: P3060168.webp I got my first Claddagh ring, very odd as another forum member found one here the other day too. P3070170.webp Anyone know about the turtle I found deep in the wet sand? I once found a coin/token with an elephant on one side and a box with numbers on the other, similar to the bottom of the turtle. P3070171.webp P3070172.webp Good luck out there. :occasion14:
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great finds! The turtle looks pretty cool, but I've never seen one before, so I can't help you ID it.
 
I don't know what the turtle is but if you add the numbers you get 15...across, up and down, even diagonally. :dontknow: congrats on your first claddagh, I like those.
 
-
Hi Fred ... Nice Finds!

Your ring actually has a crown ... what is that thing on my ring? :)
 

Attachments

  • P1040785.webp
    P1040785.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 110
WTG -IF YOUR GETTING THAT STUFF - GOT TO BE SOME YELLOW IN THERE TOO
 
That's some cool stuff. Hope someone can ID the turtle and explain the numbers. Where' Sherlock when you need him?
 
Thanks dc426, it's very interesting.
I was talking with a friend about it and he had a 'coin' with the same grid on it. He had no idea what it meant either. Now I can tell him.
 
We all have our dozens of various steel and titanium rings.
Fun to find for about 15 seconds and then the disappointment.
Better than just pull tabs and crusted zinc pennies.
Good luck.
 
We all have our dozens of various steel and titanium rings.

Yes me too...the worst is the tungsten as they are heavy, for a second I think I have platinum!
 
I like that turtle, fred; I have found two similar turtles, in the past 3 yrs. of detecting, but they were quite tiny, and I never cleaned them to see if there were any numbers on the bottome of the shell.

If I can find them in my "junk" pile, I'll check to see if there are numbers on them.

What is the size of that turtle relative to say, a dime?

Nice goin' on all those silver finds.

Lorraine
 
Thanks dc! or should I say, Thanks Sherlock?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom