What's new

Flask time

pepperj

Diamond Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
52,259
Reaction score
207,202
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eastern Ontario Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Show up your favourite flasks. Not limited to one now.
Here I'll start it off with this little guy.
Wonder if it was the inner breast pocket sipper.
20200705_113207.webp
 
Last edited:
I like the color. Must have been a lady's flask.
 
I like the color. Must have been a lady's flask.

Probably clear at one time and just turned that colour because of the UV.
We used to leave certain bottles out in the sun for a few seasons to colour them up.
 
Super! That has to be a rare one.
 
Show up your favourite flasks. Not limited to one now.
Here I'll start it off with this little guy.
Wonder if it was the inner breast pocket sipper.
View attachment 1905457

It's called a "pumpkin seed flask" and wasn't just a ladies bottle. I was made for pocket carry. I have one I've had for years that I put out in the sun and it turned a healthy purple!
 
It's called a "pumpkin seed flask" and wasn't just a ladies bottle. I was made for pocket carry. I have one I've had for years that I put out in the sun and it turned a healthy purple!
Yes you're correct on the pumpkin seed lmask
Was thinking along the lines of the inner suit/jacket pocket.
Post up your flask-don't be shy now.
 
A nice blue strap side flask from the Withlacoochee River found in 1971.

How tall is this one smallfoot?
Liking it, thanks for the post up.
 
Very nice indeed! Is the one on the right the older of the two? Great display flask.

I'm not certain that it can be determined which is the older. The bottles were blown in a handful of glassworks, and these two examples are clearly blown in different molds. Later bottles were blown in molds with the SCD monogram, but the whole Dispensary system lasted only about 14 years.

flasksSCdispensarymonogram.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom