JVA5th
Silver Member
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2014
- Messages
- 4,972
- Reaction score
- 28,134
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Merced, CA
- Detector(s) used
- Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I believe these are 1940s nothing special but what I've managed to find. I have a few boxes of bottles from 1920 to 1950s I know nothing about them so they stay in the boxes stored awayNot sure of all the embossing but they look like "federal law prohibits reuse of this bottle" these are from the mid 1930s to the 60s round about. They definitly fit the flask category. Nice!
Glass is glass and over time you'll be able to ID them. or you can post them up on the bottle thread and folks will give you a hand on dating them.I believe these are 1940s nothing special but what I've managed to find. I have a few boxes of bottles from 1920 to 1950s I know nothing about them so they stay in the boxes stored away
Great lil' scroll, Harry. The Chesnut Grove is a great example, too!
Wow that's a real beauty thanks for sharing.Here's a GI-37 that I added the other day.
View attachment 2014327View attachment 2014328View attachment 2014329View attachment 2014330View attachment 2014331View attachment 2014332
Great looking one at that, love the embossed ones.My only embossed flask... dates to late 1870s.View attachment 2019425
I see why you have it on the soft bed for protection.My best and oldest glass find was a flask that was embossed with a banjo player on one side and a dancing sailor on the other side . Also the only open pontil I ever dug
Thanks, man.Wow that's a real beauty thanks for sharing.
The other 2 as well
Please do Smokey, love to see some of what you have dug.I found a few, and I bought a few. As I have been downsizing all the ones I bought are gone, but after I get back from the vet (need cat food), I'll try to get pics of the ones I have found.
Those are OutstandingView attachment 1905680
The quarter is for sizing.
Next time I'm going up to the shop I will try some better pics.
ThanksThose are Outstanding