HutSiteDigger
Silver Member
- Joined
- Nov 26, 2012
- Messages
- 2,854
- Reaction score
- 1,285
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Stafford,Virginia
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher 1266x and a shovel
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Dug a flat button awhile back (maybe 2 years ago) around an old 1850 house that burnt down before the civil war, I can't understand the back-mark on this one flat it says "Superfine quality" and not "Superior Quality" which are on some civil war buttons... Thanks guys and best of hunting to everyone! 
Also they say the word "fine" was first started being used in 1843.. But to be honest i'd rather dig a flat button than a eagle button, i really like digging flats though there only worth $3-$10 a pop normally but everytime I dig a flat I just feel like im back in Colonial times
But i am not really a expert on Back-Marks so thanks for any answers.


ahhh my photo close up didnt come out good, guess i need to break out the digital and not my phone camera

Also they say the word "fine" was first started being used in 1843.. But to be honest i'd rather dig a flat button than a eagle button, i really like digging flats though there only worth $3-$10 a pop normally but everytime I dig a flat I just feel like im back in Colonial times
But i am not really a expert on Back-Marks so thanks for any answers.


ahhh my photo close up didnt come out good, guess i need to break out the digital and not my phone camera

(at least with me) another member was trying to send me a message after I responded to him and never got it, finally he asked me in a post if I got it, that was the only way i knew he responded back to me, but I have checked my inbox folder 10x now and have yet too see it, please do-resend or post it in here. Thanks so much CannonBguy!!
But make sure you have not exceded your limit on mail and if so clean out that mail box,lol. He will have it in his sent folder.
It's good anyhow for you to post it in this forum so if someone else needs to research and hits this page they can get the right answer! You sure are a button master
and hope too be able to ask you more in the future. 






