Flat button, musket ball, zipper and clasp

harpooncc

Jan 27, 2014
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 305
Did not have a site picked today. Just grabbed detector and went for a walk in the woods for a few hours. To my surprise, I actually found a few keepers. Flat button appears to still have some gold guilt on it. I always enjoy finding musket balls. The zipper looks old, but guessing it is not. Clasp appears to be old. I assume it is from clothing.
Thanks for looking

image.jpeg

Upvote 4

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, an 18th C button is the right spot.

OP
OP
H

harpooncc

Jan 27, 2014
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 305
Thanks Brian! It does, surprised at the condition. I'll send you a pic of the cleaned version.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool woods finds. Tha zipper does look old.

I did exactly the same thing this evening.

I hiked into the woods and hit all around the oldest trees I could find and any other place that looked like it had potential. I mostly found shell caps though.

Either way it was fun. I LOVE the outdoors and being out in the woods in shorts and a tee shirt was it's own reward today. I didn't make it back until well after dark. The moon is almost full and was so bright I cast a shadow. It was a beautiful evening out there.

I recently found a new woods site where people used to cut wood. So far there's been two silvers and and around 954 pieces of trash. I was able to locate the exact spot using historicaireals.com. It's a fantastic resource for looking back in time for spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread