flat gold pan

i see a video awhile back that showed a guy panning wit an oversized flat green pan an now i cant find it for the life of me. anyone else seen this video?

Which one
The Easy Pan is the most common lately. by usprospector.com but they are out and waiting for more from the mold place.
Jobe has the Aussie pan which has all the ridges in it.

One guy around here has switched to roasting pan from the restaurant supply to fast pan the lights out of a 5 gallon bucket at a time.

Cool and I think they sell em at Clear Creek Prospecting Supply. Is it an important piece of gear? Not for most people but cool.

i havent even perfected panning with the one i got... but i thought it was cool!

Just watching that video makes my back start hurting! Thank goodness I don't stream/river pan much anymore! Patio chair and a cut down 55 gallon drum is a lot easier on the back!

Very interesting thanks for sharing . Sent the link to my Dearest Hubs who goes with me when I go rock hounding and I go with him gold panning. Even trade ya know .. LOL

I dont see that working on most gold in my area for sure lol. we get such flat gold here it rides throughout the black sands. Some of it wont sink through. I use a super sluice and that is good for most of what anyone could need but it takes a workout for sure. That pan seems like it would rock for nuggets say .07 GRM and larger.

Just watching that video makes my back start hurting! Thank goodness I don't stream/river pan much anymore! Patio chair and a cut down 55 gallon drum is a lot easier on the back!

if you could figure out how to make a tripod stand with an adjustable pendulum you wouldnt need do do anything but load it and swing it. lol

Interesting but I'm not concerned with speed panning. I don't need to pan my cons that fast. Might be good for sampling though. I see a use for it there.

it dont look like he classified the material either, but yes very good sampling pan. i wouldnt mind getting one just to add to my collection... i have just as much fun buying new equipment:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back