Muddyhandz
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jul 1, 2012
- Messages
- 1,236
- Reaction score
- 1,960
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- In da bush
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Greetings north of Larson country!
I have this artifact that I found along the Red River, north of Winnipeg, Manitoba. The site yielded many nice points, scrapers, whole knives and even a little archaic copper.
The main materials at this site are Knife River flint, Selkirk chert, Swan River chert, and a few material from the Canadian Shield, not far to the east.
This piece reminds me of a blood-letting tool but I don't know if that's what it is.
Pardon my bad pictures......

It has quite the curve to it

I imagine when the material was being utilized, they took advantage of the big ridge which fits perfect for the thumb and a flat smooth spot on the other side fits the index finger.....


Curious to see what everyone thinks about this piece!

Thanks in advance and I hope to share more often on this forum and regret not being a part of it sooner as I missed meeting Larson. (R.I.P.)
Cheers,
Dave.
I have this artifact that I found along the Red River, north of Winnipeg, Manitoba. The site yielded many nice points, scrapers, whole knives and even a little archaic copper.
The main materials at this site are Knife River flint, Selkirk chert, Swan River chert, and a few material from the Canadian Shield, not far to the east.
This piece reminds me of a blood-letting tool but I don't know if that's what it is.
Pardon my bad pictures......

It has quite the curve to it

I imagine when the material was being utilized, they took advantage of the big ridge which fits perfect for the thumb and a flat smooth spot on the other side fits the index finger.....


Curious to see what everyone thinks about this piece!

Thanks in advance and I hope to share more often on this forum and regret not being a part of it sooner as I missed meeting Larson. (R.I.P.)
Cheers,
Dave.
Upvote
0







