Fleur De Lis Restaurant

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
This place has been a restaurant for about 62 years and has only changed the menu.
From what I read on their site, the building inside and out has been practically unchanged sense 1946. It used to be a cocktail lounge and was on just a gravel road in those days. Of coarse it's still in the same place which is now government street here in Baton Rouge. I wonder if they would allow metal detecting? Guess I wont know if I don't ask.......Shane

The pictures are the place today and long ago when Government street was a gravel road. There used to be arches over the entrance and exit back then.

Attachments

• Img42 (Small).gif
    Img42 (Small).gif
    44.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Img4 (Small).gif
    Img4 (Small).gif
    55 KB · Views: 228

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I could be wrong (just ask my wife) but is this building located about two to three blocks from the city haul complex? It looks like the restaurant that had a gambling bookie business in a room back by the kitchen. I was only in it one time and I have slept since then. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
GrayCloud said:
I could be wrong (just ask my wife) but is this building located about two to three blocks from the city haul complex? It looks like the restaurant that had a gambling bookie business in a room back by the kitchen. I was only in it one time and I have slept since then. :icon_scratch:
Actually the BR City Hall is down Town on St. Louis street. It may at one time have been closer to this location but not to my knowlege. :wink:

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Pimp Lenin said:
I've never eaten there but I used to pass by it every day when I went to BRHS. I heard (at least in those days) that the pizza was pretty damn good there.

Thats what I'm told!! My wife has had some of their "pies" and she says they are delicious. Really the only "authentic" pizza in Baton Rouge. Other than this place there is only the chains like Dominos and crap like that. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread