- Joined
- Mar 2, 2018
- Messages
- 9,189
- Reaction score
- 33,105
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Todds Point, IL
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
I saw a story a few days ago about arkies finding a flint blade factory in Israel. It dated back to the Neolithic era. Here’s a pic of some cores and blades.
Back in 2001 a knapper friend visited Israel and was shown a flint source near Haifa. He brought back a suitcase full and gave me a piece. It appears to be the same material as in the pic.
I cut a thin slab from it and polished a cab. It’s very plain looking. Its only redeeming value is where it’s from.
Back in 2001 a knapper friend visited Israel and was shown a flint source near Haifa. He brought back a suitcase full and gave me a piece. It appears to be the same material as in the pic.
I cut a thin slab from it and polished a cab. It’s very plain looking. Its only redeeming value is where it’s from.








