flint ridge

I visited there last summer. Indeed the ground is covered in flint. I did take some pics.(But not of the ground)The big Indian is at a trailhead, I placed a piece of Chalcedony on his shoulder.Other shots are of the flint pits, filled with water.Also is a downed tree, look at all the flint in it's roots.Finally are a few shots of the museum.

Attachments

• vacation photos 029 (432 x 576).jpg
    vacation photos 029 (432 x 576).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 353
  • vacation photos 030 (576 x 432).jpg
    vacation photos 030 (576 x 432).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 350
  • vacation photos 031 (576 x 432).jpg
    vacation photos 031 (576 x 432).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 353
  • vacation photos 032 (576 x 432).jpg
    vacation photos 032 (576 x 432).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 339
  • vacation photos 033 (432 x 576).jpg
    vacation photos 033 (432 x 576).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 343
  • vacation photos 034 (432 x 576).jpg
    vacation photos 034 (432 x 576).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 346
  • vacation photos 035 (432 x 576).jpg
    vacation photos 035 (432 x 576).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 345
thanks for the pics! that place is truly amazing. where i hunt the nearest quarry is only about10 acres.

My best site is less than 5 miles from there,I've taken buckets of ridge out of there so much so i quit taking it. Creekhunter has come up and taken a bunch & some nice artifacts as well,Its amazing how much is around a 10 mile radius of the ridge, my buddy owns 110 acres and everywhere i find ridge on his land.
a2.gif

dik3.gif

yo.gif

zt3.gif

Nice pics Unitas...
Look for creeks out close to the ridge hint hint...

Pick, I'd love to look around down there. It's one heck of a drive though.-------------------------------------------- I do remember a sign I seen halfway up the driveway at a farm not far from the ridge. It simply said " The answer is no!"
I imagine the competition is pretty stiff around there. Nice photos, Harry

wow, thanks, that place is erie its so rich with prehistory pickaway I want to come dig please!!! you can have all i just want to dig for some. i have got tons of endurance

Here's a piece I bought at the Cahokia show two years ago. I had to have some flintridge too.

Unitis I've been going out that way for years & have never seen 1 person walking fields,its pretty remote area i'm sure there are more ppl thinking right at the ridge is the place to hunt but from what i understand put a 20 mile circle around it and its all a hotspot i read that somewhere.I'd love to get permission for some fields out that way havent really tryed, the land next to my site i was supposed to meet with the guy but its no till now so im in no rush...cant wait to get out there soon as the ground thaws enough to dig im there...

HPIM3967.gif

hey pickaway,i am new to this forum but am a member of the aaca,and arrowheads forum and post there reguraly.really like this site.i have a few sites i hunt that are between buckeye lake and flintridge.all are littered with flint.one site you almost have to get on your knees and sift through the stuff.ever interested in going on a hunt with me after the spring plowing,send me a msg.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back