What's new

FLINTS, POUINTS, SCRAPPERS ETC.

Calworks

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
315
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Any one ever find any points or scrappers or the like here in Calif. Where do you go to look for them? Near the rivers?, Beaches,
 
Don't know where you are at but, personally I can vouch for the counties of Inyo and Mono. Say, from Lone Pine up Highway 395 all the way to Bridgeport.
 
I found some arrowhead rejects I think they were obsidian in a dry lakebed near Bodie.

KG6YLL
 
kg6yll said:
I found some arrowhead rejects I think they were obsidian in a dry lakebed near Bodie.

KG6YLL

That is a good area. Also, If you go just a little North of Bridgeport, (Sweetwater Cutoff Road) you will evantually get to the Sweetwater Ranch on the left side of the Highway. You can't miss it, it is a big outfit. From there look in a Westerly direction and you will see a mountain range that is known as, "Silverado area". Tremendous amount of arrowheads and other stuff on that mountain range. Good deer hunting too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom