What's new

Flippin Stick

Road Dog

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
815
Reaction score
393
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Working on a Flippin Stick to poke rocks with.
 

Attachments

  • DSC05593.webp
    DSC05593.webp
    447.9 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC05594.webp
    DSC05594.webp
    309.1 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0
Very nice! Looks very similar to the canes my father has made all his life. He's made 1000s. He is 84.
 
Gotta have one, mine is a branch from a cedar tree off an old friends property who is long gone now, but every time I go out I am thinking of him and family.
 
Thanks, got finished layering up with polyurethane. Have to make a small sheath of sorts for the tip when not being used.
 
Very nice! I use a crutch/walker tips on my sticks. I get mine from a local Medical Supply store. They work great for protecting the tip when using as a hiking stick.
 
Looks just like one I made...some kind of vine wrapped around a small tree & that was the results. I had made several like this.
 
Yeah, it was a natural Vine wrapped creation. Here's a pic of the tip. It's aluminum and the whole thing is very light weight.
 

Attachments

  • DSC05595.webp
    DSC05595.webp
    477.3 KB · Views: 103
That is so pretty. You better not break it! Looks like some strong mojo in it. My best and luckiest one flew out of my boat when trailoring it and I had to drive 20 miles to turn around and go back and get it. Person with me thought I was nuts.
Hope you find much with it. Imagine a wild muscadine was wrapped around it once.
 
Pretty cool .... I made my little girl a walking stick the other day. Looks like we think alike
 

Attachments

  • 1486935092169.webp
    1486935092169.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 81
Both really nice .... Coosa that snake is pretty badass ..... Last nice one I made I had set on the dock where I was sanding it I hadn't put any stain on it yet..... I came home from work to find my yellow lab laying next to the dock with it in his mouth.... He chewed the heck out of it.... Wife said he wouldn't stop barking until she threw that one for him.... Can't do much but laugh about that one
 
Appreciate it arrow
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom