What's new

Flips

Rosco53

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
720
Reaction score
1,749
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wondering where everyone gets their flips from? My coin shop wants $0.10 each, so hard pass on that. Running low on the 100 cent/nickel ones I bought in April at a coin show, so in the market soon. Need some dime/quarter and maybe 50 cent ones for my current collection. Converted a card binder into a coin one when I realized they made pages for the flips. So adding my old ones, as I don't have have a source for 50 cent pieces here, let alone funding... Thanks in advance!
 
Upvote 0
Coin shows are best source, especially on the last few hours of show, then you can negotiate price so they don't have to load up all that non-coin merchandise.
 
Just go to Wizard Coin Supply and buy what you want. Also, if you are using the 2x2 mylar lined cardboard holders, then you only need to use 2 sizes - nickel and half dollar. Your cent/nickel/dime coins will fit in the nickel diameter holder. And quarter/small dollar/half dollar will fit in the half dollar diameter. There is no need to have inventory of every denomination's diameter. Wizard Coin Supply is at the largest coin shows and will likely have the lowest price on every item.
 
I order them on eBay for a very reasonable price.
 
Amazon here, usually 100 for $5 (five cents each). Probably not the best rate, but I'm a little bit in the middle of nowhere out here.
 
Beware of low quality 2x2's though. Recently bought some at Hobby Lobby (40% off coupon, so not that expensive) but they pick up finger sumdges really easily.
 
Thanks for all the insight, really appreciate it. I'd love to buy them from coin shows, but I live in northern WI and we apparently only have 1 within 2 hrs of me a year... Tempted to go to the other ones, but already told myself I'm not buying coins, I want to find them. Thinking I'll go the amazon route, $20 for 600 ain't bad, and they're a decent brand to boot. Happy hunting everyone!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom