What's new

Florence and Cripple Creek Railroad Lock!!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,777
Reaction score
6,885
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday evening hoping the construction workers would have left since it was Friday. They were working late trying to finish before the weekend. I thought I would hit up another permission that hasn't been that productive. You never know what your going to come home with when you walk out the door. The Fl in the lock is crusted in that hard iron you have to scrape off with a pocket knife. Any ideas how to clean it a little better. It's kinda the holy grail of western railroad locks!!! Happy Hunting out there.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240301_195357552.webp
    IMG_20240301_195357552.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20240301_195417223.webp
    IMG_20240301_195417223.webp
    920 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 57
Xr , Not a stretch . 15-16 years ago one sold for $12.000.00. I know of two others,one sold also for 12 and the other sold for 10.000.00. Buuuut with the economy they might bring less now and of course it all depends on condition. HH
Anyone looking for railroad item from SSO&GRR let me know I have a few things.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom