Florida Coral Flake Knives

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20190721_125941.jpg
These are flake knives found in Pasco County Fl. They were found in the 80's near Cypress Creek. The land was being cleared for development. I really wish Florida would stop with all the non-stop building. Anyway I re-found them while looking for my can of shell tools.

Upvote 0

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Totally unrelated.

In Havana, Cuba many of the old building are made of bricks quarried from reefs and they look killer.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1737149
These are flake knives found in Pasco County Fl. They were found in the 80's near Cypress Creek. The land was being cleared for development. I really wish Florida would stop with all the non-stop building. Anyway I re-found them while looking for my can of shell tools.

FL is not the only state with "non-stop" building where dozens of sites are being destroyed weekly.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I loved the Cypress Creek site(s) in Tampa (Bruce B. Downs..) !!! Development took them out, too, of course.

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I loved the Cypress Creek site(s) in Tampa (Bruce B. Downs..) !!! Development took them out, too, of course.
I know the area well! It was a wilderness not long ago, now all developed. Tampa kept creeping north. A lot of artifacts were found in that area, all gone now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread