Florida frame #9

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a frame of random points, top 3, left are Santa Fey’s, an Archaic to woodland point ...to center is a little Culreath...O fellas that collect Florida, most likely know the rest of the types..Thanks for lookin. DDC10EB5-49A5-4CF2-9BC4-7D400FF48A8C.jpeg66677789-E9E4-442C-B355-4ED0AD0A046E.jpegD9CE3120-320B-4A96-A73C-01D0F3FB7D73.jpeg

Upvote 0
Very fine! Gorgeous examples! Those Florida points are made from the most interesting lithic materials. I wonder how long it takes for coral to petrify?
That dark one on the right is made of a very interesting material. It has a beveled look in the photos. Is that one used-up, or is it typical for the shape and size of the type?

You can hold the points made of coral up to a backlight & see the fossilized polyps. Some are specks, others quite large depending on the type of coral.

Very fine! Gorgeous examples! Those Florida points are made from the most interesting lithic materials. I wonder how long it takes for coral to petrify?
That dark one on the right is made of a very interesting material. It has a beveled look in the photos. Is that one used-up, or is it typical for the shape and size of the type?
I know of a palm stump that was used as bridge support in the hillsbourough river it was basically yellow high quality translucent chert after 150 years submerged.

Last edited:
It’s a very re sharpened archaic knife from the Santa Fey River, stained dark from tannic acids in the water, it is coral, you can see the stirations.
55105070-DD7C-4E4B-969B-1BED32EC02DA.jpeg5AC7CBCE-53BA-4F76-8C55-C4561191CB84.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back